Perdix And Macdive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi:
I made a few dives with my new perdix computer and then uploaded my dive log to MacDive software. I'm a bit confused on why the display is showing as shown in the enclosed picture. When I click some of the green bars, it tells me that I switched gases but there was no gas switching. I breathed 32% EANx the whole dive.

Normally the display for the dive is a smooth blue line.

I appreciate some insight.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    264.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image.png
    image.png
    259.2 KB · Views: 179
I am not familiar with this MacDive stuff, but at the risk of stating the obvious, the log feature in the Perdix doesn't record what you were breathing. It records what the computer was set for.

Is it possible that you have a trimix mixture turned set in your dive setup, and that you switched to it while putzing around? The log feature won't record a gas that isn't set up...

Are you using the Shearwater Desktop as well? It might be easier for some Shearwater types to analyze...

You should share your post in the Shearwater subforum as well. The company reps are really good at answering questions, although I suspect that they will want to see the Shearwater Desktop screen in case this is a MacDive issue and not a Shearwater issue.

Stoo: I have the Perdix set in Rec Mode and only one gas selected which is EANx 32. I did not fiddle with my computer once I started the dive.
I will do what you mentioned in your message. Thank you.

Last edited:
Stoo: I have the Perdix set in Rec Mode and only one gas selected which is EANx 32. I will do what you mentioned in your message. Thank you.

Well in that case... weird!

When I had it in Rec Mod (and dove with Air) I got a normal looking profile showing.

I'm working with the developer who is EXTREMELY RECEPTIVE to the concerns. I will post an update when issue is resolved.

I'm working with the developer who is EXTREMELY RECEPTIVE to the concerns. I will post an update when issue is resolved.

You will never find a developer anywhere as receptive, helpful, quick and friendly as Nick. He's awesome, and MacDive is awesome. He will take care of you...

I know doctormike. HE IS INCREDIBLE and KUDOS to him.

I haven't used the mobile version yet, but I'm going to echo the remarks about outstanding support from Nick at Mac-Dive. As soon as I can convince myself to get a new MacBook, I'll probably get the mobile version as well.

Yes Nick is AWESOME.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom