Question Perdix AI shuts off underwater...Now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2New2Scuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
In the middle of a dive with Perdix AI. Shut-off computer by mistake: Do I just turn it back on and resume the dive or surface and do...what?

I'd just turn it back on and keep diving, though I'd suspect it would turn back on automatically as a result of monitoring the pressure sensor.

Is this something you actually did somehow or just theoretical? The "Turn Off" menu item does not show when diving.

Is this something you actually did somehow or just theoretical? The "Turn Off" menu item does not show when diving.
Ah, theoretical. Didn't realize it can't go off under water. Hurray!

Well, I took it to the pool today and two things were clear:
1. It didn't turn on automatically when in the pool and...
2. I could turn it off while under water.
So...is it defective or is there a setting I have wrong?

how deep did you take it and for how long??? Reason I ask is yes if you just dunk quickly it in the water like a half a foot it will not autoturn on and yes it will not go into "dive mode" so you could still turn it off.

If you actually take it diving then it will automatically go into "dive mode" and there is not option to turn it off when it is in "dive mode" only way to turn it off is battery dies or you surface.

However if it truly does not automatically turn on and you can actually turn it off underwater while doing a real dive then yes your computer is faulty and you need to send it back to Shearwater. They will fix it for you at no cost.

RTM = Read The Manual

Screenshot_20230929_225439_Drive.jpg

Back
Top Bottom