PERCEPTIONS vs FACT ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Okey-dokey, you Scubadiving GOD's . . .

This should raise a few howls and have people barking at the moon in just a bit . . .

How many of you believe that you feel better diving nitrox as opposed to 21% air?

the K

Walter,

That's because you have no feelings !!! You are an automaton . . . a pure, scientifically engineered diving machine/god !!! :D

But many of us mere mortals seem to think that diving nitrox makes us feel a bit better after a dive. :mooner:

the K

Honestly I don't feel as tired afterwards but I read an article that said I felt the same????

Walter,

That's because you have no feelings !!!

Dennis, that hurts, buddy. That really hurts.

You are an automaton . . . a pure, scientifically engineered diving machine/god !!! :D

OK, so now I feel much better. LOL! You are funny.

Seriously, I notice absolutely no difference when diving nitrox.

I can't feel a difference, except my wallet is a little lighter!

I seem to notice a difference on the deeper dives, 100' to 120'.

But generally, with my alzheimers, I've pretty much forgotten the dive by the time I get back on the boat. :shakehead:

the K-an't Remember the Dive

I've never really felt any different, and I've done some repetitive dives with both (not at the same time, of course). I have a tendency to use Nitrox, though, except when I'm diving Blue Heron Bridge (a 20' dive) or on a trip that includes air or doesn't provide Nitrox. I like having a 45 minute bottom time with less surface interval time in between dives.

I usually only use nitrox at the Flower Gardens where I'm doing 4 or 5 dives a day all over 80 FSW. There is no doubt in my mind that I feel better doing those dives on nitrox than I did on air.

One dive, a two tanker single day ... no big deal.

But two, three or four tanks, day after day ... I'd say that I have much more energy and don't need that before supper nap that I crave on air.

Back
Top Bottom