Pelican air case for rEvo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like some others I think I use the Pelican Air 1615 Case. I bought it from Amazon with no foam for just under $290, then I bought some blank foam sheets and cut them to my specifications. My standard size Revo has traveled all over the world with no issues when packed in this case. It works good.

Attachments

• Pelican Case.jpg
    Pelican Case.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 39
I just got 1637, but 1615 is attractive now that I have a stand.... Will see.

1637 w a rEvo mini (no stand). The drysuit base layer is on the bottom. The drysuit is on top. The loop + the bailout reg will go into another bag.

1637.png

How much does it weigh, ready to check?
Mine's exactly 26kg/57.2 pounds with the new BOV both Nerd and Petrel removed (kept in hand luggage). It's 25kg/55 pounds with the DSV.

Consisting of: Revo Mini Titanium; loop with BOV or DSV; case padding (workshop floor tiles); empty scrubbers; cloths (see previous picture)

Also the Peli 1637 is oversize baggage.

Must measure the weight without the Loop. That 3kg/7 pounds makes a lot of cost difference (23kg vs 26kg)

When I had a Mini (stainless), I flew with it in a Samsonite hard suitcase (which I still use for my Micro). I use 2 memory foam dog beds for padding. With the rEvo sandwiched in between, it was held very securely and well padded on ALL sides. Not only front and back, but all around the sides/top/bottom.

With the loop, NERD, and handset removed, the suitcase weighed 49#, ready to fly.

For y'all well-to-do folks that get to fly with 70# allowances, I guess it's no big deal. But, for us peasants with a 50# allowance, that setup was key to my air travel happiness.

I've flown with that suitcase and a rEvo inside to Utila and to Bonaire. And I used the same setup to ship my Mini and, later, my Micro from Virginia to Washington (state) via UPS for service. It has worked perfectly every time and the suitcase itself is still it perfect condition. It wasn't all that expensive, either, purchased at Costco. Dog beds from PetSmart.

How much does it weigh, ready to check?
I am shooting for under 70#.

Even if you don't fly business or first, overweight bag is around $100. Not a big deal. I am sick of flying, so when I fly I splurge. If I can't - I'll sit at home or drive. I am also converting all my luggage to Pelican cases - best long-term value.

Here are a couple pictures of my setup. I've taken it literally all over the world from domestic stuff in Florida & Great Lakes to far-off locales like Palau, Bikini Atoll, Chuuk, Malapascua, Grenada,
etc.

As the sticker indicates, it weighs about 52 lbs but that includes an extra loop hose, extra DSV, etc. I can get the weight under 50 lbs if needed. I do also disconnect the computers and put them in my carry-on.

IMG_2224.JPG
IMG_6834.JPG
etc.

As the sticker indicates, it weighs about 52 lbs but that includes an extra loop hose, extra DSV, etc. I can get the weight under 50 lbs if needed. I do also disconnect the computers and put them in my carry-on.

^ haha :)

I spent way too much time in rows 35-46. Never again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom