Pelican air case for rEvo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twinnings

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all, seems that a number of people use the Pelican iM2720 case for their rEvo. I was looking at the new Air line and the two closest models are the 1637 (slightly larger than 2720) and the 1607 (slightly smaller than 2720).

Anyone have experience with the Airs? Be great to know what model you use. My rEvo is the Micro FT.

There are 3 different sizes of rEvo....

Hi all, seems that a number of people use the Pelican iM2720 case for their rEvo. I was looking at the new Air line and the two closest models are the 1637 (slightly larger than 2720) and the 1607 (slightly smaller than 2720).

Anyone have experience with the Airs? Be great to know what model you use. My rEvo is the Micro FT.
I travel with the Pelican Air 2720. It fits my rEvo expedition mini perfectly! Comes in at 49 lbs at the airport scales.

I'm going to order a 1607 and see if it fits, it will definitely be really tight. The 2720 and the 1637 basically weigh the same so if the 1607 doesn't work I'll order an im2720

Your micro might just fit in the 1607. I hope it works.

I'm going to order a 1607 and see if it fits, it will definitely be really tight. The 2720 and the 1637 basically weigh the same so if the 1607 doesn't work I'll order an im2720

Great to hear, please let me know how it goes if you're buying it soon.

I wrote rEvo and they said one of their guys uses the 1615 just fine, but didn't know about the 1607. The 1615 is super long and a lot of extra case that's not needed.

IMG_2524.JPG

1607 fits a micro FT perfectly :)

Thanks zbskii. I can also confirm the Micro FT fits perfectly in the Peli Air 1607. Also fits my loop comfortably and bubble wrap around the first stages. All in, weight comes to 22.1kg.

421963-6e943dc86329e9e780eb296c8dfe97aa.jpg

Just an FYI, I got a Samsonite Tech 2.0 hardside suitcase set from Costco for flying with my rEvo III Mini.

It worked perfectly for that, checking it both ways to and from Utila. Since then I used the same suitcase to ship my rEvo from Virginia to Washington state and back, via UPS, for service. It also worked perfectly for that. After the trip and the service shipping, the case has a few rub marks but otherwise still looks like new.

I got 2 dog beds from PetSmart to go inside the suitcase and they work perfectly to pad the rEvo and keep it from being able to move around inside the case.

The suitcase by itself weighs 10.6 # and with the 2 dog beds in it, 14.4 #. For the flight to Utila, I took off the breathing loop, NERD, and controller and packed those separately. With the rEvo in the case, with the dog bed padding, it weighed 49#.

https://www.costco.com/samsonite-te...de-spinner-luggage-set.product.100477336.html

Maybe not as tough as a Pelican, but lighter than a Pelican that will hold a Mini. And, tough enough for my purposes - or so it seems, so far.

I know this thread is old. I'm just posting this info for whoever may find it - like I did - when searching for info on traveling with a rEvo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom