Pelican air case for rEvo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone taken the handle off of a Revo?

Will try it, but wonder if the nuts could be replaced with knurled knobs for quick disassembly. Would also shrink the Revo to fit in a smaller case…?

Waking up an old thread. Any updates on Pelican cases that can fit a Mini? Pics appreciated!

PeliCase is heavy at 8kg/18 pounds. Need to remove the Kent Tooling Mini stand and it fits nicely BUT weighs 25kg/55pounds all up.

Padding is foam tiles velcroed to the case.

Box in a box.jpg

1667038636844.jpeg

That's very beautiful why is the rEvo sticker upsidedown

IMG_3755.JPG

I have taken the handle off an old rEvo, of course I have

Always put the lid on upside down if the scrubbers are empty/old/need replacing or if the unit isn’t built. Stops dickwittery!
That's genius!

Which Peli model do you have? I don't care about the weight as much as I care about the protection. (Just realized that Pelican and Peli is the same stuff, different branding. In US, it is Pelican. In EU - Peli).

What are your thoughts about Pelican being a theft magnet, compared with a hard-sided suitcase being anonymous?
I've used Storm Case and now Pelican Air as primary luggage for 15 years. I think of them as anti-theft cases as I can readily see their bright yellow bulkiness coming off the baggage carousel. Nobody moves them discreetly. I can see them easily at great distances.

As they are often perceived as tool cases, others have suggested dirtying them up, smudging with brownish yellowish stuff and labeling the "Property of Fusco Plumbing" and "sewer block cleaning kit".

That's genius!

Which Peli model do you have? I don't care about the weight as much as I care about the protection. (Just realized that Pelican and Peli is the same stuff, different branding. In US, it is Pelican. In EU - Peli).
We use Pelican Air 1607 cases for our micro units.

Micro with rEvo stand in a pelican air 1615 - fits well with room for a bailout reg or two

Attachments

• IMG_20221029_112214.jpg
    IMG_20221029_112214.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 80
That's genius!

Post #14 explains why I bought the Peli Air "1637" case: 595h / 446w / 337d @ 6.9kg (no foam)

Note that the Pelicase is quite heavy, so the total comes to 26kg which attracts a surcharge/higher price when flying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom