Pelican air case for rEvo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean you turn... right... when getting on a plane?
Yep. Right. All the way to the end. I am glad that part of my life is over. Like one American R&B singer said, "to the left, to the left" is where it is at.

Here are a couple pictures of my setup. I've taken it literally all over the world from domestic stuff in Florida & Great Lakes to far-off locales like Palau, Bikini Atoll, Chuuk, Malapascua, Grenada,
etc.

As the sticker indicates, it weighs about 52 lbs but that includes an extra loop hose, extra DSV, etc. I can get the weight under 50 lbs if needed. I do also disconnect the computers and put them in my carry-on.

View attachment 763654View attachment 763655etc.

As the sticker indicates, it weighs about 52 lbs but that includes an extra loop hose, extra DSV, etc. I can get the weight under 50 lbs if needed. I do also disconnect the computers and put them in my carry-on.
Is this with wing, corrugated hose, harness removed? I guess but I‘m not sure.
Thanks - Sven

Is this with wing, corrugated hose, harness removed? I guess but I‘m not sure.
Thanks - Sven
I don't remove any of that stuff when I pack mine. I remove the loop, controller, NERD, and I unbolt the (rEvo factory) stand base from the standoffs and lay it in with the unit.

Side note: I have a one-piece harness. Just one long piece of 2" webbing. And a Dive Rite Nomad XT sidemount wing. So, the weight on my setup may be a little bit different than stock units.

As they are often perceived as tool cases, others have suggested dirtying them up, smudging with brownish yellowish stuff and labeling the "Property of Fusco Plumbing" and "sewer block cleaning kit".
That is hilarious. The pelican I use for one of my units is literally labeled WSTP. It came from a gov auction from Westville Sewage Treatment Plant.
Nobody has ever stolen it, maybe there is something to your idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom