Pelham

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing you guys might want to consider is that Bluewater is only open on Saturdays now through the winter. Last weekend was there last full weekend opening. I need to get up there and do some diving myself soon.

aquaknott:
One thing you guys might want to consider is that Bluewater is only open on Saturdays now through the winter. Last weekend was there last full weekend opening. I need to get up there and do some diving myself soon.
Their website http://www.divealabama.com/says weekend of 19th and 20th is the last:

Welcome!
This is our last week and weekend before we begin our winter hours.

Winter hours begin November 20th through February 2007 Saturdays only 9:00am - dark

Ok for some reason I thought it was last weekend. That means I might be able to dive this weekend afterall. So are you guys going to be there saturday or sunday?

Saturday is looking really good weather-wise. Have buddies, will dive.
Snepdiver & I are going to try to make it. We should know for sure by noon on Friday.
I'll post again when we know for sure.

If we can make it we'll probably try to get there at 9am when they open, get all setup & form dive plans and be in the water by 10:30 or so.

We are both newly certified and mainly want to practice up on some basic skills first then do a little exploration. If a couple of you more experienced folks show up, we'll plan accordingly and you can probably lead the exploration part and teach us a few things. :)

Ok. We will be meeting at 9:00 AM Saturday 11/18. If anyone else wants to join us, send me a Private Message with your e-mail address and phone number. I'll check back later tonight.

Hey Folks,

I wanted to give you some feedback on the last two weekends at Bluewater and propose a December dive since it sounds like some of you may be able to make it then.

Saturday 11/18 - Snepdiver & I met at Bluewater. While we were setting up we met another buddy, Luster ("LPI") who joined up with us. The three of us made 2 dives together and explored a couple of firetrucks, boats and other sunken goodies. Snepdiver had to run so LPI and I made a third dive out to the power pole on the west side and followed the wall back thru the brim beds, visited the firetruck, trailer and boats again. The visability was about 20'-30' in most places. It was bright and sunny all day with air temps of about 65F. Our max depth was 55' for the day and the bottom temp there was 66F. Had a great time and made two new friends!

Saturday 11/25 - The weather forecast was looking good and Luster & I just couldn't resist going again. It turned out to be an awesome day! Bright and Sunny all day with air temp 71F. The water is cooling off a bit though at 62F at every level we visited. Didn't notice any thermoclines and our max depth was 72'. I was very warm and comfortable in a 5mm suit, 5mm hood and 3mm gloves. Visability was between 20' - 30'. We made 5 dives total, 4 of which I had planned in advance. Visited the Sailboat and School Bus on the east side on our first dive. The rest of our dives were spent exploring the perimeters of each side of the quarry looking at cars, boats and stuff while focusing on maintaining buoyancy control and gas management. We are both new to diving so we're still perfecting these skills.

The 5th dive was a quick one just at sunset at 4pm where we stayed close to the decks and just looked at fish. There was a large school of Brim (Bluegill) that were very curious about us. While we were doing our safety stop, they came right up in our face and stared us down about 2" from our masks. It was very cool! Surfaced at sunset at 4:30pm and packed up. A really fun day of diving!

I would like to propose Saturday December 9th as the next Bluewater dive day. This coming weekend (December 2nd) is the Dive Sports Annual Christmas Party & Sale here in Decatur so I don't want to miss out on that. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you there too. Don't forget to register for their November online prize giveaway too at http://www.divesports.com

Weather permitting, I'm up for it. Is anybody with me?

December 9th should work for me. I also will be at Dive Sports Dec 2nd. I will be there late though. Have to work in Hoover until 4:00.

CorallineDream:
I would like to propose Saturday December 9th as the next Bluewater dive day. This coming weekend (December 2nd) is the Dive Sports Annual Christmas Party & Sale here in Decatur so I don't want to miss out on that. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you there too.

Weather permitting, I'm up for it. Is anybody with me?

I might be up for a dive on the 9th, if I can get a kitchen pass. I will be at Dive Sports on the 2nd also.

I have reserve duty on that day. No promises, but if you can let me know when you'll be there, I might get in a quick dive either around lunch or late in the afternoon, like around 3.
Howard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom