Pee Valve Coupling Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truthfully guys, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

My buddies can attest to how big of a Pee Valve fan I am (my avatar pic speaks volumes), and I haven't had any problems with peeing in my suit. I don't have any kind of fancy quick connect or anything like that, I use a stock setup. I find that at the end of a dive, there still is urine in the "receptacle" at the end of the catheter. I simply pinch the end of the catheter, pull if off the pee valve barb, pull my manhood out of the suit and release. With some simple practice, you can get the dabble of urine to go wherever you want. Obviously if there is a head somewhere nearby, it would be best to make use of it, but otherwise, you can do it about anywhere.

I don't see how the quick connect prevents you from getting pee in your suit...when you disconnect, you still have to take evasive measures to get rid of it...or am I missing something here???

JimJam:
I don't see how the quick connect prevents you from getting pee in your suit...when you disconnect, you still have to take evasive measures to get rid of it...or am I missing something here???
I started using the quick disconnects three dives ago, and it's nice. Both ends of the disconnects are automaticly CLOSED when you disconnect them, so there is no spill. If you DO want to have flow through (like peeing between dives) you just connect the flow-through part.

But you are right, it's no big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom