Paul Allen in the Philippines...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got a good chuckle when I was reading this week's Asia Divers's weekly newsletter.

Seems, Paul Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft, had parked his "little" yacht "Octopus" at Puerto Galera and had the DM's at Tech Asia go find him some pygmy seahorses... That must have been a sight to see...

Anyways, says a lot about the diving in the Philippines, when you have one of the world's richest men who's capable of going anywhere in the world, decides he wants to dive in your country.... Guess the secrets out of the bag now...

Who's next, Tiger Woods? :eyebrow:

I think this is Paul's lil' boat... 2nd largest private yacht in the world...

octopus01.jpg

I wonder if he ventured into the "heart" of Sabang beach...:rofl3: :popcorn:

edit: and of course half of SB will want to know if Mr. Allen is a MOF/ NMOF'er!! :D

Damn that's a nice dinghy...

He had Tatoosh parked off Santa Catalina Island for a few days a while back. I was just waiting for him to invite the infamous Dr. Bill on board to show him around. I guess my invitation must still be in the mail (you know the US Postal Service)!

Someone call Paul and see if we can use Octopus for the next Dive-o-rama at PG... :D

wonder if he has any Tanduay in the liquor cabinet... :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom