Pat Tillman, the Army and The Silver Star

If review shows that Pat Tillman did not merit Silver Star, should it be rescinded?

• Yes, I think the award should be rescinded

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No, I think the awared should stand as is

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac:
I like your vocal opinion, I do not agree with it however, and this blanket statement I find offensive. It may be true for a select few such as JFK, or John McCain but all the soldiers that I personally know are not nor have been politicians.
I'm sorry but you've misinterpreted my post, I am not referring to "politicians" as meaning elected officials, democrats or republicans. Here's a definition of what I was referring to:

"Politics is the process and method of gaining or maintaining support for common action. Although it is generally applied to governments, politics is also observed in all human group interactions including corporate, academic, and religious. Political science is the study of political behavior and examines the acquisition and application of power, i.e. the ability to impose one's will on another."

Now senior US military officers most certainly are "politicians", not elected officials, I'll agree, but politicians nevertheless. Their political agenda is what is best for their branch, and it's members. Which may or may not include, fabricating a story, to save face in the eyes of the civilian population and save recruiting efforts, awarding a medal and promotion posthumuously, so you can be a large part of a celebration remembering a fallen American Hero who served in your branch, which will be broadcast live nationally and be a top news story for weeks.

It's just something to think about is all, not everything is Black and White.

caymaniac:
..... I will also state that our current President does rate near the top with me, not so much with his poicies but with his stance and his belief system.
I know this is off topic and will be censored in a few minutes. That's okay but I really do have to ask: Did you really mean to say that you think Mr. Bush is one of the better presidents because, even though his policies are not so wonderful, he doesn't change his mind when he decides to go with one of these bad policies and he can justify the bad policy with a quote from the bible? Dang, that's funny if true.

Okay, that's my last post outside Asia. I really got to stop hitting the New Posts button. It's depressing.

Zippsy:
I know this is off topic and will be censored in a few minutes. That's okay but I really do have to ask: Did you really mean to say that you think Mr. Bush is one of the better presidents because, even though his policies are not so wonderful, he doesn't change his mind when he decides to go with one of these bad policies and he can justify the bad policy with a quote from the bible? Dang, that's funny if true.

Okay, that's my last post outside Asia. I really got to stop hitting the New Posts button. It's depressing.
Oh get over it. Bush is no Hitler. Hitler could inspire people. And Hitler was sober. Well most of the time :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom