Passenger Bill of Rights for air travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I want the FAA to make calls based on one thing. Safety for take-off.

I don't want them worried about public wrath, financial fall-out, my fibs, etc.

I don't want them to have restless passengers on their radar---just planes, that is more than enough.

The rest of this is small potatoes for individuals to figure out, IMV.
I agree. The job of air traffic control is to ensure the safe and orderly flow of air traffic. The problem here is that if someone is delayed, then they feel that they must be compensated. The cause of the flight delay does not matter. IMO it is unreasonable to expect the airlines to pay compensation for flight delays over which they have no control. If the rules are such that people are forced to stay on aircraft, change the darn rules, don't implement some feeble attempt to place all of the blame on one group and give the lawyers food for lawsuits.

As for the rest of the Bill of Rights, I stated my points previously.

tedtim, as I said, I would be happy to discuss each point individually as you bring them up. First tell me how you would go about the mandatory 3 hour limit? I'm all for it, even to the point that it be reduced to 2 hours. Lower than that would be unfair to the airlines. Let us discuss the 3 hour limit first, OK?

tedtim:
I have tried Don, but it always seems to fall back to the "screw you," "yah, well screw you too" type of conversation.

Just waiting for Pilot Fish to respond with his thoughts on the full proposed Passenger Bill of Rights and not just the part about getting held on an aircraft.

The full Passenger Bill of Rights is the topic of this thread, or did I miss something?

Are you in try outs to become a mod Don?

I wondered about that too.:D Think they are auditions? ")

OTOH
Interesting. Why is this caca? If it is the FAA that determines these type of rules, then the airlines are caught in a no win situation. Return to the terminal, lose your place in line, suffer the wrath of passengers who then have to find other flights, or wait until the flight can get back into line. OR Stay on the aircraft, maintain your place in line, and the airlines suffer the wrath of people bi*****g about having to stay on the aircraft.

The biggest problem here does not seem to be the airlines, it seems to be the FAA rules on air traffic control. The airlines them become the sole target of the traveling public.

I still think leaving people on aircraft for hours is excessive.

So then, how would the Passenger Bill of Rights address this if the airlines have to pay for flight delays when it is partly an FAA rule that causes the problem?

Life is not that simple.

Are you in try outs to become a mod Don?
No way! I've done official volunteer time on SB, as Staff and as Group Trip organizer. No more, TY.

I do try to set a good example on posting, human failures notwithstanding, and to avoid the Report button - I will remind fellow members of standards and rules at times.

pilot fish:
Uh, no, that is incorrect. better check with some moderators. There is a reason they are called "P"M's:eyebrow:

Really? Is that true? I would have thought that if I wrote it, and then posted it, that'd be ok.

It wasn't like I was posting someone elses message to me, and dude, you called me out on it, so it seemed ok to post it.

Can someone clarify this? If I send a PM to someone, and then decide to post the contents of my own PM at a later date, is that allowed? :confused:

I understand that I can't (or shouldn't) post what someone else posts to me privately.

OHGoDive:
Really? Is that true? I would have thought that if I wrote it, and then posted it, that'd be ok.

It wasn't like I was posting someone elses message to me, and dude, you called me out on it, so it seemed ok to post it.

Can someone clarify this? If I send a PM to someone, and then decide to post the contents of my own PM at a later date, is that allowed? :confused:

I understand that I can't (or shouldn't) post what someone else posts to me privately.

Sorry, ohgo, I called no one out on anything.:shakehead I never used anyone's name or printed specifics of a PM. You need permission from the person you send it to ,to even forward it. You need to read some of those rules. Be careful whom you report because it can come back to bite you:no

OHGoDive:

Well, I'm sure you can post something you sent as a pm that you could have posted publicly in the first place. Especially if it was not a reply to another pm. Unless of course it contains quotes from another user.

pilot fish:
I remember that date Sept 10, 2001, very clearly because of what happened the next day[...]

I don't remember any rain that evening. Did the rain happend late at night?

The rain was thunderstoms moving through during the dayafternoon/evening of the 10th.

pilot fish:
Sorry, ohgo, I called no one out on anything.:shakehead I never used anyone's name or printed specifics of a PM. You need permission from the person you send it to ,to even forward it. You need to read some of those rules. Be careful whom you report because it can come back to bite you:no

Yea, no one knew who you were referring to. Got it.

And, by your rules, I'm fine, since what I posted didn't have your name in it anywhere either.

Ok, so, anyone who's opinion can actually be trusted care to answer this question?

pilot fish:

Oh, come on, stop the crap. You clearly identified (short of the name) who you were referring to. We all knew who you were talking about so stop pretending you're Mr perfect here dammit. :sigh:

pilot fish:
I just got 3 PM's from that person accusing me of all the industry rebutal points I told they would use. :) Very scripted. text book

wardric:
Well, I'm sure you can post something you sent as a pm that you could have posted publicly in the first place. Especially if it was not a reply to another pm. Unless of course it contains quotes from another user.

Yea, that's what I figured too. It was my own PM, mentioned no names, was not a response, and did not quote. Basically it was anything that I could have typed publically to begin with, but I was trying to honor my 6oo post rule. I think I own it, intellectual property and all that. Seems like I can do with it as I please.

:shakehead

I'm probably going to have to turn in my corporate shill secret decoder ring or something. Dang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom