Passenger Bill of Rights for air travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
respect of communication makes all the difference.

from the airlines? Huh? :no That's what we want.

"nurse Catherine, get your patient Pilot Fish off this plane because he's getting flush around the gills" Thanks for the rouge Catherine.I think it worked :eyebrow:

of course it would work, silly.

need help with anything else?
...don't forget the part where you say "...or it could be all in my head"
also, have people within earshot when describing the chest sensation.

needing your medication which you thought you were not allowed to pack, because you are having a pre-seizure aura "unless it's all in your head" would work also. Remember now, witnesses in earshot are crucial. Otherwise the flight attendant could tell you you are full of **** and take your seat, depending on how smart they are.

Stop wasting your time worrying about rules regulations and get practical.

There is a blizzard, you have parked, the dogsitter is settling in with your remote. Maybe your kids are already throwing the party of the year. You can decide to stay on the plane or you can get off and try and buy another ticket, or you can go home to who knows what already.
Weigh your odds, make a call. Airline stock and federal regulations don't need to play a big role here.

catherine96821:
of course it would work, silly.

need help with anything else?
...don't forget the part where you say "...or it could be all in my head"
also, have people within earshot when describing the chest sensation.

And a spray bottle for the sweating profusely/ :)

pilot fish:
"Oh, and in the interest of full disclosure, I also reported him for his personal accusations. I don't know if that's an industry talking point or not."]]ohgo

I know that, ohgo. That's uaually what happens when someone runs out of sound arguments. "You shall know them by thier words." The industries instruct their people to use whatever means available, within the law, to shut down opposition and to influence public opinion.

it might interest you to know that PM's, and their author and contents, are not for public disclosure. Did you know that? You will take notice I did not name you or give specifscs of your posts?

If I wrote the PM, I can do as I please with it. Seems to me.

And no, not because I ran out of arguments, but because you made a personal attack on another user. Which, if I recall, is a violation of the TOS, is it not?

I think I'm going to have a mod put "corporate shill" underneath my user name.

DandyDon:
We may be finished with this thread. Does anyone have anything directly related to the subjected to post in a constructive manner...??
I have tried Don, but it always seems to fall back to the "screw you," "yah, well screw you too" type of conversation.

Just waiting for Pilot Fish to respond with his thoughts on the full proposed Passenger Bill of Rights and not just the part about getting held on an aircraft.

The full Passenger Bill of Rights is the topic of this thread, or did I miss something?

Are you in try outs to become a mod Don?

OTOH
Dandydon:
But this strikes me as caca: Last week, the Air Transport Association, which represents most major passenger and cargo carriers, said the Federal Aviation Administration should allow delayed flights to come back to terminals so passengers can exit planes without forcing those planes to lose their place in line for takeoff.
Interesting. Why is this caca? If it is the FAA that determines these type of rules, then the airlines are caught in a no win situation. Return to the terminal, lose your place in line, suffer the wrath of passengers who then have to find other flights, or wait until the flight can get back into line. OR Stay on the aircraft, maintain your place in line, and the airlines suffer the wrath of people bi*****g about having to stay on the aircraft.

The biggest problem here does not seem to be the airlines, it seems to be the FAA rules on air traffic control. The airlines them become the sole target of the traveling public.

I still think leaving people on aircraft for hours is excessive.

So then, how would the Passenger Bill of Rights address this if the airlines have to pay for flight delays when it is partly an FAA rule that causes the problem?

Life is not that simple.

I want the FAA to make calls based on one thing. Safety for take-off.

I don't want them worried about public wrath, financial fall-out, my fibs, etc.

I don't want them to have restless passengers on their radar---just planes, that is more than enough.

The rest of this is small potatoes for individuals to figure out, IMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom