Passenger Bill of Rights for air travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know, JetBlue has televisions in the back of every seat.

So, the people on the plane were sitting around, watching television for 11 hours, eating junk food, and using dirty bathrooms.

I'm pretty sure that's an average day in most US households. :D

They may not have even noticed that they hadn't left the ground yet.

Are we sure this is worth arguing about any more?

How about a non-binding resolution? :D

lol

OhGoDive.

reminds me of right after the Tsunami disaster and then they juxtasaposed some woman from the burbs talking about how the air traffic delays had "devastated" her family because they had lost their baggage on Thanksging weekend.

Staying on the plane in a blizzard might be reasonable, I am just saying after a few hours I would get off, even if just for the challenge and chance to hone my skills.

OHGoDive:
I don't think the ground equipment belongs to the airlines. Again, in hindsight, they probably didn't have any reason to believe that it wouldn't be available when they needed it. When they found out it wasn't available, it was too late to undo what they'd done earlier.

It's the buses and stairs and such that weren't available, due to conditions. We're not talking just a dusting of snow here.
Sounds like they shoulda just canceled flights instead of bluffing...!

Catherine, you're a lady, and a pretty one. You can get away with a lot of things I'd get busted for - and I haven't spent time in jail in over tens years, don't want to. Nonetheless, I'd do something.

catherine96821:
Staying on the plane in a blizzard might be reasonable, I am just saying after a few hours I would get off, even if just for the challenge and chance to hone my skills.

:rofl3: Anarchy practice.

BTW Don, nice pics from Coz. Much better than amateurish.

I wonder if they were serving free booze?

OHGoDive:
BTW Don, nice pics from Coz. Much better than amateurish.
Well TY - had some lens fogging problems. Want to learn to shoot better, but the Sealife Tech is not a diver - he was no help. I think I figured out my problem, try again next time.

But I'm not flying with you or dlndavid - I'll get stuck on a plane for a day. :shakehead

Don, Believe me when I say, that would not help with flight attendants. (the girl thing)

You have to empower yourself. Anyway, it's best done calmy and firmly and sometimes you need to provide a reason that they can deal with. that's where it gets creative. But...the first step is feeling entitled to getting off the plane when the others cannot. If you don't think that is "fair" then you will sit in lots of situations.

Anarchy practice.

even my children have these survival skills. Often, we do harmless things just for practice. Everyone needs to be comfortable with civil disobediance, just in case, for when the bad guys are in charge. Seriously, if a person cannot figure out how to get off that plane without going to jail, then they need some work.

OHGoDive:
I don't think the ground equipment belongs to the airlines. Again, in hindsight, they probably didn't have any reason to believe that it wouldn't be available when they needed it. When they found out it wasn't available, it was too late to undo what they'd done earlier.

It's the buses and stairs and such that weren't available, due to conditions. We're not talking just a dusting of snow here.

As far as ground equipment goes,it depends on the airline as far as what type of ground equipment is on hand,how many etc.Most of the big airlines,like Delta,Northwest have there own ground equipment.The smaller airlines like Avianca out of Kennedy will use someone else ground support.Also there are ground service agencies that supprt planes for airlines that only may fly into an airport once or twice a week.

This post of yours sums up just how serious you think this is. That's easy to joke about when you never had to go through it. Why you think this is funny only YOU know. People like you are the reason the airline will not change till they are forced to.:shakehead

OHGoDive:
You know, JetBlue has televisions in the back of every seat.

So, the people on the plane were sitting around, watching television for 11 hours, eating junk food, and using dirty bathrooms.

I'm pretty sure that's an average day in most US households. :D

They may not have even noticed that they hadn't left the ground yet.

Are we sure this is worth arguing about any more?

Back
Top Bottom