Passenger Bill of Rights for air travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dindave, don't you ever contribute to any thread you post in? Every post of yours, in every thread I've seen you post in, are these inane, one line quickies that you think are funny. Don't you EVER have anything of substance to say?

dlndavid:
I wonder if they were serving free booze?

I wasn't trying to be funny, and coming from you....

PiFi, the bill of rights is a one of a kind historical document, saying we need to have a bill of rights for airline travel and treatment is not a good idea in my opinion, it takes away from the original document. If you don't agree fine, you have that right. I have my rights to freedom of speach, so bugger off.

oh and isn't your post a personal attack? TOS dude.

Catherine, I see your point clearly, and agree with you, try to get off that plane after 3 hours. Certainly after 5 or 6, but I'm not sure opening the emergency door and violating safety procedures would be wise, although, like you, I'd want to.

Another poster correctly points out, once out of the plane, and on the tarmac, you might have gone from the frying pan into the fire. I feel what you are saying but there has to be a better way off that palne?

One thing you said that I think has the answer, I'm having a heart attack, need my meds, or some other thing along those lines that would prompt them to get us all off that plane. I think you'd need some help from other passengers willing to go that mile with you, and me. Judging from SOME of the silly posts I've seen in this thread, I think that might be hard.

catherine96821:
Don, Believe me when I say, that would not help with flight attendants. (the girl thing)

You have to empower yourself. Anyway, it's best done calmy and firmly and sometimes you need to provide a reason that they can deal with. that's where it gets creative. But...the first step is feeling entitled to getting off the plane when the others cannot. If you don't think that is "fair" then you will sit in lots of situations.

even my children have these survival skills. Often, we do harmless things just for practice. Everyone needs to be comfortable with civil disobediance, just in case, for when the bad guys are in charge. Seriously, if a person cannot figure out how to get off that plane without going to jail, then they need some work.

pilot fish:
dindave, don't you ever contribute to any thread you post in? Every post of yours, in every thread I've seen you post in, are these inane, one line quickies that you think are funny. Don't you EVER have anything of substance to say?
I'm busted :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

OHGoDive:
So, the people on the plane were sitting around, watching television for 11 hours, eating junk food, and using dirty bathrooms.

I'm pretty sure that's an average day in most US households. :D

:rofl3:

OHGoDive, I really apreciated your participation in this thread: balanced, clear, open to contradiction...
And now you ad a great sense of humor! Thank you!

We are not talking about an adendum to the Bill of Rights, dindavid. :shakehead We are talking about a bill that will prevent airlines from confineing, against their will, passengers that want, or need, to get off a plane that has been sitting on a holding zone for 3 hours or more.

You don't agree. NO surprise, but I'll bet we would hear your voice your extreme indignation if you wer not allowed your "freedoms." dindavid is content to stay on this plane, everyone else is free to go. How does that work for you? Didn't think so:wink:

dlndavid:
PiFi, the bill of rights is a one of a kind historical document, saying we need to have a bill of rights for airline travel and treatment is not a good idea in my opinion, it takes away from the original document. If you don't agree fine, you have that right. I have my rights to freedom of speach, so bugger off.

oh and isn't your post a personal attack? TOS dude.

Back
Top Bottom