Passed my Intro Cave!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't comment on her skills specifically. Nor have I ever said I was perfect. If you took either of those as an implication- perhaps YOU need to "lighten up."

chickdiver:
I didn't comment on her skills specifically. Nor have I ever said I was perfect. If you took either of those as an implication- perhaps YOU need to "lighten up."

I want in on this group Hole in the Wall dive!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am bringing my rubber chicken for my dive buddy

It is a shame to see others stifle a new cave diver's enthusiasm for our sport with negativity. Mentoring and positive reinforcement will better the sport all the way around.

Bobby

Octo Girl,
Sorry to derail your thread, it is not my intention. Congrats on your classes and welcome to the dark side. Brahahaha

Curt Bowen:
I want in on this group Hole in the Wall dive!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am bringing my rubber chicken for my dive buddy

Curt,
It is just like you to want in on group things. Remember that chickens are only legal in Mexico.

Octogal congrats from one Canuck who already lives in Florida to another who wants to live here

Octogal

Hi from another hoser up here in the land of ice and snow! (I'm in Deep River Ontario)
What a blast you must have had in Florida! It sounds absolutely fantastic! Congratulations. It was good of you to post such an interesting and honest description of your experience....the excitment shines through! Well done.

Bobby F:
Funny, it sickens me that someone gets an intro instructor cert. when they don't have the skills to find the main line at Orange grove on their own. Lighten up, as she stated she was not taken to the system until after she passed her class. There are no limitations on this system which require full cave. You just like the rest of us can improve on skills and have your days when you bang and tap around. Nick is very conservation minded and would not have taken anyone into the system if they did not have the skill and mind set to dive it with out tearing it up.

Bobby

"Not finding a line" and "doing permanent damage to a cave system" are two distinct and unrelated issues.

Why would you bring up something like that? Do you have an ax to grind by trying to personalize this?

Octgal: Nice writeup :)

I'm not sure I'll be heading into caves anytime soon (there aren't many in the PNW after all) but one of my 'down the road goals' is wreck penetration :D Though diving in warm water would be a nice change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom