Passed my Intro Cave!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chickdiver:
Unfortunately you aren't the only student to have recently been taken into that system. I've been diving it for 10 years, and the amount of damage that has occured in the last 3 years or so is phenomenal. Hole in the Wall used to be one of my favorite dives- the sight of the damage to it recently sickens me.

Well, I'm not a student and I feel really cheated that I haven't gotten the chance to dive it yet.

I think I'll have my wife put in a call to a lady cave instructor I know of in the area and pressure her into taking us for a dive and I'm going to get Spectre to help.

No WAY! I'm trying to line up a female instructor to do an AOW course, and if she keeps having these hosers ask her to take them into caves, I'll NEVER learn to be a diver! :(

MikeFerrara:
Well, I'm not a student and I feel really cheated that I haven't gotten the chance to dive it yet.

I think I'll have my wife put in a call to a lady cave instructor I know of in the area and pressure her into taking us for a dive and I'm going to get Spectre to help.

Anytime, Mike :).

PerroneFord:
No WAY! I'm trying to line up a female instructor to do an AOW course, and if she keeps having these hosers ask her to take them into caves, I'll NEVER learn to be a diver! :(

I found her first so back off dude!

chickdiver:
Anytime, Mike :).

Thank you. And if I get this work thing straightened out, I'll hold you to it.

I bet she never thought she'd have men fighting over her this way! I'll be Bluto, you be Popeye! LOL!!!

Spectre:
Anytime you feel like making the trip down to the land of florida picnic table divers, just let me know!

I dearly love that Florida picnic table diving. We'll be back! (said in an austrian california gov accent)

Spectre:
Anytime you feel like making the trip down to the land of florida picnic table divers, just let me know!

That's why midwest quarry divers make such natural cave divers... we already have the "picnic table" part down cold!!! :D

...now if we could just get the charter boats to put picnic tables on them, Great Lakes wreck diving would be so much easier to do... :wink:

chickdiver:
Unfortunately you aren't the only student to have recently been taken into that system. I've been diving it for 10 years, and the amount of damage that has occured in the last 3 years or so is phenomenal. Hole in the Wall used to be one of my favorite dives- the sight of the damage to it recently sickens me.

Funny, it sickens me that someone gets an intro instructor cert. when they don't have the skills to find the main line at Orange grove on their own. Lighten up, as she stated she was not taken to the system until after she passed her class. There are no limitations on this system which require full cave. You just like the rest of us can improve on skills and have your days when you bang and tap around. Nick is very conservation minded and would not have taken anyone into the system if they did not have the skill and mind set to dive it with out tearing it up.

Bobby

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom