Parking at Fonatur Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JFS

Contributor
Reaction score
A new year brings new changes. The parking situation is different now compared to the way it was done up to Dec. When you arrive through the security gate, you will see no parking on the road that leads up to the marina. You will also see virtually no vehicles at the boat launch area. You drop off equipment and have to leave to park either on the main highway or on the road that is to the right of the area where the taxis drop off. There has been a change in who controls the agency at marina and was federal but has been given to the state to run now. Always something at the world class marina. :rant::rant::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:🤡🤡

parking what parking Just amazing how bad it is.

Reactions: JFS
It has been amazing that they keep finding new ways to make a bad situation even worse .
Maybe the new administration can build an escalator like they have at airports. Maybe a rickshaw service would be a good opportunity? Mini tren Maya with jungle tour to the boat launch area....the possibilities are endless. Nothing seems to surprise me anymore.

Some other news, for owners and guests at Landmark Condos, there is now a $6 a day per person charge to use the pier at money bar to be picked up by boats.

A new year brings new changes. The parking situation is different now compared to the way it was done up to Dec. When you arrive through the security gate, you will see no parking on the road that leads up to the marina. You will also see virtually no vehicles at the boat launch area. You drop off equipment and have to leave to park either on the main highway or on the road that is to the right of the area where the taxis drop off. There has been a change in who controls the agency at marina and was federal but has been given to the state to run now. Always something at the world class marina. :rant::rant::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:🤡🤡
So I understand that you can still access the ramp but it is back to no parking, correct?
What about Motos for all the workers? Are they going to compete for parking on the road leading north of the circle? While not optimal when congested I have used the gravel lot adjacent to the princess side of the marina.

So I understand that you can still access the ramp but it is back to no parking, correct?
What about Motos for all the workers? Are they going to compete for parking on the road leading north of the circle? While not optimal when congested I have used the gravel lot adjacent to the princess side of the marina.
Yes you can drop off your equipment at ramp area. There used to be 40+ motor parked there and lots of cars.....now nothing. They have to park up the road where cars are now parking. There is a small lot at the end if the road where you can park too. Still a long walk to marina for some people, especially if they are liugging equipment. The gravel lot that was beside the circle is fenced off so no parking there which was the best option.

Some other news, for owners and guests at Landmark Condos, there is now a $6 a day per person charge to use the pier at money bar to be picked up by boats.
That is ridiculous! I thought that the Money Bar and Landmark were built by the same owner. What about those staying outside that area, using the pier, same charge?

Reactions: JFS
Ugh. I cringe thinking about the Monkey Bar blasting music late at night since they have no longer have any alliance or reason to compromise with Landmark. The 9 pm stop time made the hideously loud and obnoxious music bearable. Thanks for providing an update.

Ugh. I cringe thinking about the Monkey Bar blasting music late at night since they have no longer have any alliance or reason to compromise with Landmark. The 9 pm stop time made the hideously loud and obnoxious music bearable. Thanks for providing an update.
Lots of unhappy owners at Landmark now because of all the changes...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom