Paralenz Dive Camera...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ISO on the paralenz seems to max out at about 1600. So if it's even remotely dim, you're going to want to hold really still for any shots. This is probably what I have struggled with the most. Second biggest issue is switching between DCC and AWB in photo mode. If its dim, and you start using a light, you'll have to switch to AWB or everything will be orange. And if you're in AWB and natural light, things will tend towards the green. The major reason this is an issue, is that you have to rotate the ring to video, click the button 3 times, and then rotate back to photo mode. You cannot switch them in photo mode. I'd also suggest you keep your distance from things so you can crop when you're not level. I do like the results I get, but it does seem to take some practise.

I just purchased a Paralenz, waiting for it to arrive. I’m looking to use it for video and will look to mount it on my dslr ikelite housing..
From what I’m reading, in the DCC mode it will be fine until I snap a photo, the light from the strobes will most likely turn the screen red.. anyone run a similar setup?

I've been using the Paralenz for a year now, here's two videos I've put together from footage taken in two trips. Still learning to point it accurately. All of this was taken hand held, and some of my favourite shots by setting it on a coral head and leaving it there for awhile. For the most part, automatic colour correction has been outstanding. A few segments that appear washed is when I had it on Auto WB when it should have been on DCC Blue. All recorded at 1080/30 fps. But all future video will be taken at 2.7k/60fps.

I just purchased a Paralenz, waiting for it to arrive. I’m looking to use it for video and will look to mount it on my dslr ikelite housing..
From what I’m reading, in the DCC mode it will be fine until I snap a photo, the light from the strobes will most likely turn the screen red.. anyone run a similar setup?

Not sure what you mean. If you take a still photo with your Paralenz, your strobes won't be firing. The have no way of firing from your Paralenz. Because yes, you are correct, when you have DCC on, any artificial light shows up as orange/red. So you are always using either DCC or lights with WB. Never both.

If you are using flood lights, you will want to either use WB, or switch off the floods when using DCC.

Hope that makes sense!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom