Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do any of the local shops/boats in the area offer trips that don’t include killing things? Do they have something like a no-take day?
Pura Vida Divers would be the best boat for you. They don't allow spearguns but do allow lobster & lionfish cleanup removal. Also Kyalami Scuba Club is similar on certain weekend days but harvest is allowed on designated trips. Both boat's websites contain calendars that you can see activities offered on any day. The only boat I know that is 100% full time, every day, no take, no harvest, no lobster, no lionfish, no weapons, but camera friendly is { CLICK HERE }.

@Divin'Papaw has frequent dive reports from his Pura Vida trips.

Pura Vida Divers would be the best boat for you. They don't allow spearguns but do allow lobster & lionfish cleanup removal. Also Kyalami Scuba Club is similar on certain weekend days but harvest is allowed on designated trips. Both boat's websites contain calendars that you can see activities offered on any day. The only boat I know that is 100% full time, every day, no take, no harvest, no lobster, no lionfish, no weapons, but camera friendly is { CLICK HERE }.

@Divin'Papaw has frequent dive reports from his Pura Vida trips.

@Johnoly is spot on.

@mattfish I believe you would like Pura Vida. Their owners have a strong conservation ethos. Lionfish cleanup and occasionally lobster is all you will see taken on their trips. On the majority of trips with them you won't see anything being taken. Check them out here: https://www.puravidadivers.com/

@Johnoly is spot on.

@mattfish I believe you would like Pura Vida. Their owners have a strong conservation ethos. Lionfish cleanup and occasionally lobster is all you will see taken on their trips. On the majority of trips with them you won't see anything being taken. Check them out here: Pura Vida Divers : Discover South Florida SCUBA Diving - Florida SCUBA Diving at its BEST!
I concur, have dive with Pura Vida several times and they are grrrrrrrrreat ! <-- like Tony the Tiger will say

Looking to book a trip for later this month or March 11-15 or so-
Do any shops do guaranteed (i.e even with xx # of divers) morning and afternoon dives?
Traveling solo and I like to get in as many dives as possible on my short escapes.
Thanks!

.... March 11-15 .....Do any shops do guaranteed ..
Well the good news is that weekend is traditional College Spring Break for all the states that start with vowels. If you break down on the highway, you can easily thumb a ride by holding up a bunch of Red Bulls and a car packed with students will pick you up on the way to Florida.

Weather is usually good and a great time for dolphin's riding the bow wakes, plus the tiger sharks are in town. Morning boats are no problem but afternoons are tricky. The Multi-Vessel, bigger ops have the best chance at (4sure) afternoon runs. JDC, PuraVida will most likely run afternoons because they have college groups each year. If you keep checking the online calendars, you'll see sudden 'spikes' in their passenger counts and that most likely a group confirming for that boat. Those are the ones that are going to run.. As an example the 3/10 JDC AM trip has just a couple of seats available at 6 weeks into the future (that doesn't happen usually)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom