Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conditions are looking to improve signicantly beginning Wed 12/27 and lasting through the year end/new year weekend. ..!
I agree based on forecasted wind speeds & the Euro pressure forecast. Just be careful.
It's a well known history lesson that every Xmas week, all the veteran NOAA forecasters are on vacation and they turn over all the computer models to the "Interns". There are so many times we have been burned by 100% completely wrong holiday week forecasts ( ie - wildly wrong & not even close )

Watch the wind speeds & direction and look at the Euro pressure maps. The wave models are completely ignored till they get back in the office on January 8th.

Euro surface Wind model

The only report I saw today was from SFDH in Pompano. 60 feet of blue water viz, slight south current, 78 degrees.
Wave height?

Is PBS shutting down? Never dove with them so I don’t care too much. More just curious…
have you received an answer on PBS? are they in business?

Can you recommend local dive shops in the Broward County Area?

Can you recommend local dive shops in the Broward County Area?
The good diving in that area is done out of Hillsboro inlet. There are a handful of good operators around there.

DxDivers and South Florida Diving Headquarters are two that I have had good experience with.

Force -E Fort Lauderdale is another good option. They are just a shop, no boats, but they can help you get booked on one.

I got out with Pura Vida on Thursday Dec 28th. It was a rainy, breezy day but the diving was quite good. Topside conditions were rain off and on, low 60s air temps and winds out of the NW at 10-15 mph. Seas were very manageable. Perhaps 2s with a few 3s thrown in.

It is definitely boat coat season! Those without one sure wished they had one.

Water temps were a constant 76. We had a mild south current. Viz varied from 25' at the worst to closer to 40' at best. I was solo on both dives and enjoyed two very relaxing dives. Given the cloud cover, water temps and air temps, I was glad I chose to use my Bare 7mm. Yes, I'm a wimp, but I was one of the few on the boat not shivering after our dives! Between the 7mm and my boat coat, I was very comfortable the entire charter.

Got in two 61 min dives in the 45-55 FSW range. We did Bath & Tennis and Dive-o-Rama.

The grey trigger fish are THICK. I was harassed by the largest pack I've ever encountered before. They were after every shiny bit of stainless steel on my kit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom