Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hard thermo at 80 ft, maybe 65 degrees?
The gasoline effect !!. That's the lower 'dissolved O2 level hit' that we needed to move the deep red bugs up to the dive depths. Combined with the passing hurricane with a deepwater ground swell, next week should be epic for bugs. Thanks for the report!!

Sometimes in heavy current it helps to put the zookeeper between your legs. It's cumbersome but it can help. Tucking it under your BC, if you have a jacket BC, may also help. My rig is much more streamlined. Between the legs or under the tank are my only current dead spots. Beneath the tank is hard to control.
I'll have to think about that. I have my Tusa DPV between my legs. I was thinking of mounting it to the scooter somehow so that it's on the back side behind my tank.

The gasoline effect !!. That's the lower 'dissolved O2 level hit' that we needed to move the deep red bugs up to the dive depths. Combined with the passing hurricane with a deepwater ground swell, next week should be epic for bugs. Thanks for the report!!
Hopefully that hurricane doesn't mess up the seas and we can go diving.

1723495293605.png

And waves :/

Conditions aren’t looking too bad for this weekend. Friday looks like the worst day of it with improving conditions Sat then Sun looks fine. It’ll be interesting to see what the ground swell does to the viz. And the temps! That reported 65 degree bottom temp has me cold just reading it!

I feel your pain.

Final score from this weekend:

Atlantic Ocean - 1

BlackTip - 0

Premature report.

‘Twas a problem with disparity in voltage between the two batteries.

I've yet to see a lobster march, but supposedly common during/after these storms.

That video needs some better music…something circus or parade-like.

BTW, the new Dry Fob XL is great. Thanks for bringing it to market.

Premature report.

‘Twas a problem with disparity in voltage between the two batteries.
I took mine apart last night, exorcised the gremlins and the prop seems to turn again. As for a storm that far out; I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Also, I think it might be best to tow a lionfish container from the scooter rather than wearing it on your body.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom