Palm Beach Beginner Shore Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! Does anyone know of decent shore dives driving distance from Palm Beach? We'll be diving BHB in the morning, and wondering if there are any other dive sites nearby we could do that afternoon. I say beginner because we'll be diving with my 11-year old son who was recently certified.

Thanks!

Ted

I lived in Palm beach county for about 10 years until 2016. For beach diving BHB is about it. You can drive down to Lauderdale by the Sea for some good beach diving. Its about an hour and 10 mins (or slightly less if you have a lead foot and there is no traffic).

MacArthur State Park allows diving. I've only snorkeled there because its ultra shallow. Since you have an 11 year old, it might be an OK place just to get wet. Have the golf cart take you to the beach. The walk from the parking lot would be no fun with tanks

I have read posts about a few sites off of Boca, but it looks like they are mostly free dove and snorkeled since they are shallow and they are far from the public beach so you'd have to lug scuba gear a very long way.

Call Force E Scuba for other ideas

Last edited:
Ok, thanks! I guess Lauderdale may be a bit far.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom