PADI's dive depth standards - Vague?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Translators don't do it justice.
It means "Everything in the world was new at sometime"

Dave

Yeah but the translator gave us the gist of what the saying was. . .

BTW It kind of scares me that Walter knows my name :)

rawls:
Thal...forgive me for just putting Thal, but I keep screwing up the spelling:) Thanks for all the info you have provided for clarification...preciate it....
Thal is great, you should read what some folks call me.:D

Walter:
It scares me that one of our soldiers is scared of an old bald guy with a white beard.

:rofl3: I am only scared because I get in a lot of trouble if I shoot you :)

GA Under Water:
Do you think it better to just take "Discover SCUBA" everytime they go on vacation?

I have a colleague (smart guy, OB/Gyn) who's been "diving" about as long as I have. I took NAUI OW in high school, Advanced (now called "Master Diver" or some such) in college, and IANTD nitrox a few years ago when it interested me. He takes a "Discover" class every year when he goes to the same places to dive with a DM. I was willing to accept that in over a quarter-century of diving he'd probably learned a great deal and that the differences in our basic knowledge would be insignificant. Several conversations have totally disabused me of this notion. He has MAJOR lacunae in basic scuba knowledge. Worse, he has no idea this is the case. Nice guy, but I wouldn't dive with him. My 12 y/o PADI OW son with 36 logged dives is both more knowledgeable and more proficient.

There's no substitute for experience, but there's ALSO no substitute for proper training. You need both.

Walter:
scared of an old bald guy with a white beard.

Dang blame it Walter...You just made me an old guy:) But I must say I have just grown a beard for the first time in years...It's now white:)

mstevens:
I took NAUI OW in high school, Advanced (now called "Master Diver" or some such)
The NAUI Advanced course never was what NAUI Master Diver is, completely different things.

Thalassamania:
The NAUI Advanced course never was what NAUI Master Diver is, completely different things.

No, but since the great restructuring of a dozen or so years ago, the "new" Master Diver class is a llot more comparable to the "old" AOW class. I really hated it when they dumbed things down.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom