PADI Zombie Apocalypse Diver Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is actually a whole other topic that you could debate ad nauseum until the apocalypse happens. QUOTE]

The zombie apocalypse perhaps?? Could you send me a PM about how to get the cert to teach this course? Fun and great idea to get divers in for some more training and keep the interest up in some diving.

As silly as it all sounds there selling a slew of cards up here today.

4. To answer the marketing question. I feel it has been marketed very well with a positive campaign and reputation. Unlike leisure pro which markets itself as a destroyer of local dive shops by selling gray market gear or anything. At least I don't endorse them phew.

Wow, personal and inaccurate much? How do we market ourselves as a destroyer of local dive shops? In my travels, the dive shops that are going out of business are bad businesses and aren't going under because of online sales, but instead their own poor business practices. And are you really going to continue perpetuating the myth that we sell gray market gear? That's been debunked and proven false time and time again. Feel free to defend your specialty, but to lash out and make false accusations is unnecessary.

like the msd the real value of this course is the bragging rights to say you took it and produce a cert card.

So basically, there is no real value to this course.

The difference is that with this course your card picture is zombified

If anybody would like their picture zombified, there are a number of free or cheap apps to do so. If you don't have one, I'll offer to zombify your picture for free.

There we have it. Every bit as much real value as this "class", without the silly expense.

As silly as it all sounds there selling a slew of cards up here today.
Pete, did you spend your day swimming through the eel grass at Kettle Cove today to get yours?

Pete, did you spend your day swimming through the eel grass at Kettle Cove today to get yours?

No, now that you mention it I wonder if the eel grass was part of the site selection!

How bout you?

So basically, there is no real value to this course.

If anybody would like their picture zombified, there are a number of free or cheap apps to do so. If you don't have one, I'll offer to zombify your picture for free.

There we have it. Every bit as much real value as this "class", without the silly expense.

And with out any of that damned "fun" that kids today are always trying to have!

Last edited:
And with out any of that damned "fun" that kids today are always trying to have!

If you need someone to dress up as a zombie in order to have fun diving, then I feel very sorry for you. But I'll give you a good price when you sell your dive gear. :)

If you need someone to dress up as a zombie in order to have fun diving, then I feel very sorry for you. But I'll give you a good price when you sell your dive gear. :)

Different strokes for different folks, right? Personally, I don't get the whole zombie thing in general. However, the same people that like zombie diving may well find the deep, dark, coldwater wreck diving I like - or whatever type of diving you enjoy - to be boring. Why denigrate what someone else enjoys?

Different strokes for different folks, right? Personally, I don't get the whole zombie thing in general. However, the same people that like zombie diving may well find the deep, dark, coldwater wreck diving I like - or whatever type of diving you enjoy - to be boring. Why denigrate what someone else enjoys?

QFT.

The zombie thing came up on a Jets Hockey Forum I moderate and I found myself nodding at this post:
I wonder about society sometimes, like really, a Zombie walk, whats the point?

Forget the Winnipeg Harvest portion of it thats not my point.

I really think its just one more thing in life that is intended to dummy us down, push the parameters of normal and distract us from the real issues in life.......

Think of it, people dressed as Zombies walking around in the streets, why, what are they honoring? Zombies?

Everyone needs to be seen, that's all this is about, shock factor, well unfortunately there is no more shock factor, its all a bunch of mindless drones running around with no point or purpose here and the more visble stuff like this becomes, the more I try to ignore it or pay no attention, its not note worthy outside of this particular rant......

Going back and forth on the value a course like this contributes to a MSD card is starting off one step too far. I start with 'why zombie at all'? It's adding a completely unrelated element to the diving experience. I love my Winnipeg Jets. If my LDS came up with a weekend of diving where everyone wears their Jets jerseys I'd be in. Cap the day off by reverently placing a jersey on Christ of the Abyss and we have something. It's just not something that, in and of itself, makes me a better diver and thus should count toward a MSD card.

All you zombie fans out there have fun! If any of my buddies were into the undead thing I'd be telling 'em to look the 'course' up - but with the caveat that the point of a course is to pick up or improve needed skills. The ability to maintain zombie makeup in the drink is not 'needed'.

m.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom