rescue diver with PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnaCat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I am researching in order to decide if I should continue my education and take the Rescue Diver course from PADI. I would like to increase my confidence and become more safety oriented.

There is a PADI school in Bucharest , where I live, but I cannot find providers for the prerequisite courses of EFR Primary and Secondary Care training (or qualifying training).
Any ideas about agencies that provide these prereq courses? It would help orient my searches.
Thanks!

Call/contact PADI and ask which agencies in your area qualify as equivalent to PADI's EFR. Or submit a couple of names to PADI for them to check out.

Hi, I am researching in order to decide if I should continue my education and take the Rescue Diver course from PADI. I would like to increase my confidence and become more safety oriented.

There is a PADI school in Bucharest , where I live, but I cannot find providers for the prerequisite courses of EFR Primary and Secondary Care training (or qualifying training).
Any ideas about agencies that provide these prereq courses? It would help orient my searches.
Thanks!
The PADI school itself should be able to provide the prereq first-aid classes. Black Sea Diving School shows EFR on its website.

Check out Crucea Rosie; Academia Elite; Asociatia Success and see if they offer individual classes. Pardon my Rumanian spelling..

If there's one PADI class I can recommend to anyone it's the rescue driver class. I took it and honestly didn't know if I would even finish it. I'm 55 years old disabled veteran and have a heart condition and I needed a medical waiver for the cIass from my doctor. I wasn't the star of the class and struggled keeping up with folks half my age. But I was able to complete all the requirements per the standards without special treatment. Each person is different but your goal should be to find out what YOU are capable of. That way, if you ever need to render aid, you know what you can do without killing the both of you.

The PADI school itself should be able to provide the prereq first-aid classes. Black Sea Diving School shows EFR on its website.
Yes. Our shop also provides it, but it wasn't available before the scheduled Rescue course I took. So I took ERF at a shop in N.J. when I was there by chance. But our owner said I could've taken the Rescue Course here before ERF and when the EFR was offered I could've taken it and officially gotten both certifications at once.

Back
Top Bottom