PADI Tec 40 Instructor Course in Ohio?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took the OP's post to mean he is looking to become a PADI Tec 40 Instructor which, I would assume, means he is already in the PADI Tec and IDC pipeline. Maybe he can clarify.
I am in the class now which was the prereq for the PADI application.

I agree with instructor over agency, except for padi tech. Don't do padi tec. Your better off finding a good instructor from one of the others.
Why? I'm a PADI Instructor and SDI. Both have their pros and cons. PADI by far has the best marketing. I teach both. Same for my Instructor, he teachs both in Tec.

PADI tech has you doing deco dives using regular OW gear at the lower levels. No way to safely do this using proper gas management.

PADI tech has you doing deco dives using regular OW gear at the lower levels. No way to safely do this using proper gas management.
Tech 40 max depth is 130 ft (Dive 4 only), using up to 50% during deco (Dive 4 only; no accelerated deco...use back gas).
Equipment minimum requirement is a dual valve cylinder (2 regs) or one-reg plus a large pony bottle (>= 30 cuft), 10 mins max deco.
This is NOT "regular OW gear" requirements.

Tech 40 max depth is 130 ft (Dive 4 only), using up to 50% during deco (Dive 4 only; no accelerated deco...use back gas).
Equipment minimum requirement is a dual valve cylinder (2 regs) or one-reg plus a large pony bottle (>= 30 cuft), 10 mins max deco.
This is NOT "regular OW gear" requirements.

130 feet, using one large cylinder plus a 30 or 40 pony. Going into deco. Unsafe by any other standard. Do the math especially without using a rich mix, no way to do that using proper gas management.

130 feet, using one large cylinder plus a 30 or 40 pony. Going into deco. Unsafe by any other standard. Do the math especially without using a rich mix, no way to do that using proper gas management.
Have you actually looked at the gas requirement for an air dive to 130 ft, 10 mins max deco?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom