PADI Tec 40 Instructor Course in Ohio?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is single tank, again proper tech diving calls for doubles and a deco bottle.

Just realize you have lost this argument.
It's not an argument. Tec 40 is not a full tech course.

It's not an argument. Tec 40 is not a full tech course.

So it's worthless. For the same money one can take AN/DP and get a real tech course.

Hence my original statement, don't do PADI tech.

I believe I found a guy. Owner of whitestar Quarry
Good luck. You will need it. At some point you will look back on this post and understand it.

So it's worthless. For the same money one can take AN/DP and get a real tech course.

Hence my original statement, don't do PADI tech.
LOL. Take PADI Tec 40 and Tec 45 -- which is actually the full tech course -- and get the same training and cert as AN and DP. Or take just AN and get less than Tec 40. Why do you insist on comparing Tec 40 alone to AN/DP? That's like ordering salad and a steak and complaining that the salad doesn't taste Iike steak. Or complaining that a book about baseball is terrible because it is not about football.

LOL. Take PADI Tec 40 and Tec 45 -- which is actually the full tech course -- and get the same training and cert as AN and DP. Or take just AN and get less than Tec 40. Why do you insist on comparing Tec 40 alone to AN/DP? That's like ordering salad and a steak and complaining that the salad doesn't taste Iike steak. Or complaining that a book about baseball is terrible because it is not about football.
I do actual tec courses compared to PAdI get more more money courses.

Why don't you just realize that you lost the argument. PADI is just unsafe, plain and simple.

I do actual tec courses compared to PAdI get more more money courses.

Why don't you just realize that you lost the argument. PADI is just unsafe, plain and simple.
You know, I suspect, that you've made that assertion based on nothing more that your bias and with no supporting facts. Pure PADI bashing. There is no argument here to win or lose, just my facts versus your unsupported bias. Sad.

You know, I suspect, that you've made that assertion based on nothing more that your bias and with no supporting facts. Pure PADI bashing. There is no argument here to win or lose, just my facts versus your unsupported bias. Sad.

My bias is based on dive safety and nothing more.

We are 100% in agreement on dive safety.
Where we disagree is your criticism of Tec 40 because it is not a full-fledged deco course....but it is not meant to be, and doesn't even suggest it is. It is entry-level, allows a maximum of 10 minutes of deco (so-called "lite deco") and requires more than standard recreational gear. You can fulfil the standards and be safe with a single 80+ cuft back tank, plus a stage/pony tank that is at least 30 cuft; all deco is done on back gas....no accelerated deco. What is it that is not safe?

You have to also take Tec 45 to get to a full deco course, with full tech gear. TDI does something similar: their entry level is AN, but you need DP to get any deco training...you need BOTH courses in TDI, just as you need BOTH courses in PADI.

While I don't know anyone with TDI that teaches this way, a single BM cylinder and a pony meet the equipment requirements for AN/DP too.

8.9 Required Equipment
The following equipment is required for each student:

1. Primary cylinder(s), cylinder volume appropriate for planned dive and student gas consumption

Note: Independent and isolated back-mounted doubles, are allowed to be used.

Do yourself a favor and ignore turnips. His classic mo is to argue. Usually bad points. A while back I learned to ignore him and have enjoyed my decision.

But I agree padi tech classes are a joke. There is one padi tech instructor I know of that is good. But it’s because he teaches more than just padi classes.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom