PADI Tec 40 Instructor Course in Ohio?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to take the Tec 40 Instructor course sometime this year. Any dive shops in Ohio teach PADI Tec Instructors?

I am looking to take the Tec 40 Instructor course sometime this year. Any dive shops in Ohio teach PADI Tec Instructors?
Strongly suggest you choose an instructor first and worry about the agency and location later. You might need to travel to find a good one.

You can find 1000s threads on this topic here, all saying the same basic thing - there are good and bad instructors with any agency and picking courses based on agency is a big mistake.

I’d check out the divers at Gilboa Quarry in Ottawa if you want to stay in Ohio. I’m always seeing social media posts of tech/rebreather diving year round with those folks. They are either instructors or they know some locals for sure.

I agree with instructor over agency, except for padi tech. Don't do padi tec. Your better off finding a good instructor from one of the others.

I took the OP's post to mean he is looking to become a PADI Tec 40 Instructor which, I would assume, means he is already in the PADI Tec and IDC pipeline. Maybe he can clarify.
Not sure that matters? Wouldn't anyone want to have the best mentor possible and not just tick all the PADI IDC boxes?

I might have missed read that thinking he wanted padi tec diver

Not sure that matters? Wouldn't anyone want to have the best mentor possible and not just tick all the PADI IDC boxes?
I wasn't referring to your recommendation to choose the instructor first, but more to the suggestion that he should not bother with PADI Tec at all -- it seems like that decision was already made in the past for better or for worse.

Columbus Scuba, has a few different agencies. Can't help but wonder that it's the same instructor for each.

Davy Bones.

Deep Six Akron.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom