PADI Tec 40 Instructor Course in Ohio?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you actually looked at the gas requirement for an air dive to 130 ft, 10 mins max deco?

Yes in fact I did it and plan on doing it again, I used trimix and will again. I also used 100 percent O2 for the deco gas.

I use .8 as my SAC for gas management. I know others who use 1. Please get into multi deco and plan a deco dive dive to 130 with a single tank. Impossible with established safe gas planning on a single tank

Yes in fact I did it and plan on doing it again, I used trimix and will again. I also used 100 percent O2 for the deco gas.

I use .8 as my SAC for gas management. I know others who use 1. Please get into multi deco and plan a deco dive dive to 130 with a single tank. Impossible with established safe gas planning on a single tank
Tec 40 does not allow a single tank for its single deco dive (Dive 4).

Tec 40 does not allow a single tank for its single deco dive (Dive 4).

You stated
Equipment minimum requirement is a dual valve cylinder (2 regs) or one-reg plus a large pony bottle (>= 30 cuft), 10 mins max deco.

That is single tank. Large pony is recreational for deep dive so you are in fact using recreational gear for tech dives.

When I did this I used the well established way. Double 100's on my back with a 40 cu pony of 100 percent O2 as a deco.

So I had again following proper procedures 66 CU of reserve back gas plus about 20 cu reserve deco gas.

Next time I'm doing it on my rebreather and will have more.

So which is safer especially for dives with virtual overhead?

You stated

That is single tank. Large pony is recreational for deep dive so you are in fact using recreational gear for tech dives.

When I did this I used the well established way. Double 100's on my back with a 40 cu pony of 100 percent O2 as a deco.

So I had again following proper procedures 66 CU of reserve back gas plus about 20 cu reserve deco gas.

Next time I'm doing it on my rebreather and will have more.

So which is safer especially for dives with virtual overhead?
You keep trying to make Tec 40 into something it is not.
The minimum equipment requirements do not apply to the deco dive, which requires a large pony along with the back gas, and allows a deco gas too. It is not a single tank dive. it is not standard recreational config, not with a H or Y valve and two regs.
By the way, 100% O2 that you say you used is not within Tec 40 standards, so I assume you were not doing Tec 40? If you were not doing Tec 40, then I guess you are just guessing about how it is unsafe? The standards are quite clear. Doing an up-to-10 minute deco dive maxing at 130 ft is quite doable, with ample gas reserves, unless Multideco is wrong.

You keep trying to make Tec 40 into something it is not.
The minimum equipment requirements do not apply to the deco dive, which requires a large pony along with the back gas, and allows a deco gas too. It is not a single tank dive. it is not standard recreational config, not with a H or Y valve and two regs.
By the way, 100% O2 that you say you used is not within Tec 40 standards, so I assume you were not doing Tec 40? If you were not doing Tec 40, then I guess you are just guessing about how it is unsafe? The standards are quite clear. Doing an up-to-10 minute deco dive maxing at 130 ft is quite doable, with ample gas reserves, unless Multideco is wrong.

It's not and no I didn't do tec40 for that reason I did AN/DP which is safe.

It's not and no I didn't do tec40 for that reason I did AN/DP which is safe.
Tec 40 plus Tec 45 are effectively the same as AN plus DP. they just split in a different place. Tec 40/45 requires 8 dives, so does AN/DP (but that can be reduced to just 6 dives if done as one combined course).

I still want to see your single tank deco being safer than my using doubles plus deco bottle.

I still want to see your single tank deco being safer than my using doubles plus deco bottle.
It's not safer, but that does not make it unsafe. And please stop calling it single tank; it is one large tank, and one smaller tank.

It's not safer, but that does not make it unsafe. And please stop calling it single tank; it is one large tank, and one smaller tank.

That is single tank, again proper tech diving calls for doubles and a deco bottle.

Just realize you have lost this argument.

I am looking to take the Tec 40 Instructor course sometime this year. Any dive shops in Ohio teach PADI Tec Instructors?
Understood PADI was fixing to reintroduce a tec - new program - soon.

??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom