PADI shop won't do referral dives for SSI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug I bought all of my gear online before I was certified. No one ever asked if I was.

The cert card only stops you from getting tanks not gear I know its sad but true.

Lots of people buy dive gear without being certified, and it's perfectly legitimate. Many students buy gear prior to getting certified in it. People buy gifts for friends and family members.

I'm pretty sure you can buy tanks, too. Getting them filled is another issue.

There is no universal referral program. Yes, a PADI shop would handle the certification, but only by taking you through the entire PADI course. You have already done most of that with your SSI shop. Best bet is to find an SSI shop on Maui.

There is no universal referral program. Yes, a PADI shop would handle the certification, but only by taking you through the entire PADI course. You have already done most of that with your SSI shop. Best bet is to find an SSI shop on Maui.
PADI shop would need to only do a simple pool evaluation and final exam to do referral from any agency other than PADI. No need to do an entire PADI course.
With a PADI referral they should only do pool evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom