PADI Patches - Where do you get them and how do you wear them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melicertes:
You mean you're converting to the snorkel cult now? Just remember no neon pink snorkels are allowed past the Urn of Suffocation in the procession! Highlighter green can still go but pink is definitely out! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

You got something against pink?

Melicertes:
LOL, but hey look at the up side, at least it's not a snorkel with those small metal badges you get in all the tourist towns in Europe stuck on it.

Oh man...okay...I'll admit it...when I lived in Germany I was active with the many volksmarches....and with each one you attended you got a little metal badge/shield to put on your walking stick....and your walking stick, covered with badges was a measure of your volksmarch experience/attendance....and yes, i do have a walking stick with lots of little metal badges on it....

:flame: on......

JeffG:
at least it would be tough to earn.

Unlike a PADI specialty course.

I heard DIR-F is not really that hard and DIR folks are a bunch of zealots

:popcorn:

Joe-Diver:
Oh man...okay...I'll admit it...when I lived in Germany I was active with the many volksmarches....and with each one you attended you got a little metal badge/shield to put on your walking stick....and your walking stick, covered with badges was a measure of your volksmarch experience/attendance....and yes, i do have a walking stick with lots of little metal badges on it....

:flame: on......
At least it's not on your snorkel Bhwuaahahaaa! :rofl3::rofl3: When I lived in Backnang, just north of Stuttgart for a while I considered getting myself a walking stick like that but it just wasn't my style and well I knew I would get irritated by the friggin' thing if I had to carry it with me while I have my camera and tripod already to deal with. I guess I'm a minimalist tourist coz I take more pictures than I take curios. Makes the travel bags easier to repack after I've ruffled through them looking for a clean pair of undies too :mooner:

I like getting badges from places that I dive, but I still haven't figured out what to do with them.

jhbryaniv:
I heard DIR-F is not really that hard and DIR folks are a bunch of zealots.

:popcorn:

How about giving out a big blue H patch for passing? And if one thinks that the Kool-aid-ers don't like having that H on their equipment...

zen_man:
I like getting badges from places that I dive, but I still haven't figured out what to do with them.
You know, as a kid I used to collect badges of places I visit too, and I still buy one every now and again. I'm not against badges at all, they're nice momentos. I just find it entertaining, and more often than not simply annoying, when people inflate their egos with accolades that do not really mean all that much. All my patches from childhood have since evaporated somwehere and I only have a few dust gatherers left in a box someplace.

Melicertes:
At least it's not on your snorkel Bhwuaahahaaa! :rofl3::rofl3: When I lived in Backnang, just north of Stuttgart .....

I lived in Stuttgart for 3 years....I was stationed out at the Army Airfield in Echterdingen.....then moved up to Wiesbaden for 2 years....

Before you can wear any PADI badges, you have to complete the respective PADI Badge Placement Specialty!!

:rofl3:

Melicertes:
You know, as a kid I used to collect badges of places I visit too, and I still buy one every now and again.

Maybe that's it! Just kind of a childhood memory thing. :D

I hear what you're saying about egocentric divers that are showing off to puff themselves up. I don't think there really is room for ego in diving and I hope I still have a 'willing to learn' attitude even after 1000 dives. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom