PADI Patches - Where do you get them and how do you wear them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phestr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have five specialties and AOW under my belt, and I just bought the Rescue Crewpack. Inside was an embroidered patch. It is very cool, but when I asked the guy at the counter if there were any others, or where I could get them, I just got a blank look. So, where does one get these? Do they come from PADI? If you display them, on what? Jackets, divelogs, dive bags?

If anyone from NJ reads this I'm sure you will get some help:)

I have found in my experience that those who do not advertise their achievements are usually the guys/gals you really might want to get to know. They are normally the ones sitting at the back of the group keeping a low profile and who more often than not know far more than they let on. Those who wear the badge jackets are the ones who would like to appear qualified and experienced but does not yet have the goods to back up the claims. Of course there are exceptions and I am really generalizing here, but a badge really does not impress me much at all; [-]good[/-] [edit: well honed], safe diving skills, however, do. Show me those and you've got yourself a buddy :D

I've seen a couple recently come through put on those black zippered dive logs. Fun, but they take up a lot of space as these divers also had some patches from a few places they had been diving - like the old steamer trunks with all the stickers. Not sure how many you could get but I know they had at least four of the PADI ones and three or four different size/shapes from their diving. Not sure if they are iron on or if you have to sew them.

The PADI ones should be able to be had through any PADI dive centre, though they may have to order them in for you. I know we don't keep them in stock.

I have a bunch, not just from PADI, you tend to get them with the course-material. I´ve never really found a place for them so they are in my bag with "certs I don´t need to carry around"...

I toyed with the idea of putting them on my dive bag but I don´t want to advertise that there´s divegear inside when travelling and I havent found one (a gear bag that is) that is durable enough to make it worthwhile to spend the time sowing...

From what I heard, the rescue patch worn in a proud manner can help you pick up girls. I bought 6 of them for all of my jackets, but so far, no hit yet. Of course, it might be that I drive a minivan and my wife is with me half of the time....

I will give you a report once I upgrade my vehicle, and hang out at bars instead of the grocery store.

fisherdvm:
From what I heard, the rescue patch worn in a proud manner can help you pick up girls. I bought 6 of them for all of my jackets, but so far, no hit yet. Of course, it might be that I drive a minivan and my wife is with me half of the time....

I will give you a report once I upgrade my vehicle, and hang out at bars instead of the grocery store.

Although...the frozen food section is a pretty hopping place!:eyebrow:

fisherdvm:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
Aaaawwwwwwww geeeeeezzzzzzzzzz ! ! ! ! FISHERDVM . . . .

At least you could give us a heads up next time . . . there went the coffee ! ! !

the K-racked Up ! ! !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom