Where to store tanks in an RV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like quite a nice scuba RV--even though slide-out compartments (is that what they're called?) give me a bit of the willies. I imagine touring down the road and then having the slide-out suddenly "decide" to slide out! At 70 mph!! Probably can't happen, but still ...!

rx7diver

We never had a problem but there are stories of peoples that get stuck “out” and having to call the mobile repair.

My best tip is to get on the RV open road forum because a lot of old timers and people with your same RV can help you trouble shoot. There are guys that sit on there all day helping people.

Seems an acceptable solution. However, if possible, I think I would prefer storing the couple of cylinders strapped down inside a storage compartment accessible from outside the cabin, out of sight. This would address issues of safety, clutter, and dirt and grime being brought into the cabin from outside.

rx7diver
I thought about that but decided against it for several reasons. The outside under coach compartments are all made of plastic and attached with straps to the underside frame. The tanks are compact and heavy, a bad combination to be bouncing up and down inside a plastic box. Plus, there's no way to attach any type of straps inside the storage compartment box.

Where they are now is out of the way and about as safe a place as I can find. They're secured with both sets of DOT approved seat belts. It's just my Wife and dog and I in a 28 foot motorhome so we have the room. I'm not worried about the tanks bringing in dirt and grime. Our German Shepherd Dog brings in more!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom