PADI OW Final Exam Questions that are either wrong or just bad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is why I switched to primary donate. Im fine with the philosophy of traditional donate, and prefer it over primary donate (1 diver switching regs is better than 2 divers having to switch regs).

But I have never been able to find an octo holder that both holds securely and allows for immediate access (If there was one, I'd probably still be traditional donate). I got tired of retrieving and restowing my octo on all my dives. So primary donate it is.
Same with me. The triggering issue for me was mentioned above, when I read about the woman who drowned while trying to find her buddy's octo, which had come loose from its retainer.

Feel free to use the Report button.

I wouldn't ever report a post. I just move on. The powers that be can run a board anyway they want, this place is full of derailments who am I to complain?

There's more important fish to fry.

What else is new. Seems like the best thread topics end up completely off the rails and nothing is done about it.

I wouldn't ever report a post. I just move on. The powers that be can run a board anyway they want, this place is full of derailments who am I to complain?
Seems like YOU are the one to complain.

Keep in mind that the moderators don't generally patrol the board looking for off-topic comments or other violations of the Terms of Service. Rather, for the most part, what the moderators act upon are things that the members report through the Report button. The mods have a lot on their plate and don't always manage to get to every problem, so thread derailments do happen, but if enough people report something, it will get attention. Ultimately, it is the members' feedback that drives the tenor of the board. It is YOUR board.

Keep in mind that the moderators don't generally patrol the board looking for off-topic comments or other violations of the Terms of Service.
Aren't you a moderator?

Seems like YOU are the one to complain.
Because I pointed out that some of the PADI OW questions and answers are possibly incorrect and/or not reflective of real life diving situations?

From your perspective, there must be a lot of complaints on this board.

But I have never been able to find an octo holder that both holds securely and allows for immediate access
The built in Octo holder on an Aqualung Dimension BCD does this very well, it is the best design for this I have seen.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a good image of it in use. It is just a stiff cloth tube that you stuff the folded over Octo hose into (But not so far that any hose come out the opposite end, since pulling on that end won't release it)

Aren't you a moderator?
Yes, that's how I know that the Report button is the mechanism for getting things acted on. If you're implying I could report this myself, that's not the point. If YOU believe there has been a thread derailment and it bothers you, then please report it, and the mods can look into it. Mods who participate in a thread generally avoid getting involved in moderating that thread--conflict of interest kind of thing. That's all I have to say on this.

Carry on (hopefully back on-topic :wink:).

Because I pointed out that some of the PADI OW questions and answers are possibly incorrect and/or not reflective of real life diving situations?

From your perspective, there must be a lot of complaints on this board.
Come on, YOU complained about THIS thread, presumably because it did not go the way you had hoped when you started it.

Reactions: Zef
Come on, YOU complained about THIS thread, presumably because it did not go the way you had hoped when you started it.

I noted that the thread was derailed from it's original topic.

Your point? Other than we're now discussing my reaction to the threadjack in yet another threadjack.

How's the weather by you?

Let's take it to a whole new level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom