Padi Fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't give a flying fig if they get their knickers in a twist. There are reasons I went with SDI.
Marie, you actually made me laugh out loud. :)

When I was looking into getting certified, I compared a PADI shop and an SSI shop to get my cert. The PADI shop was over TWICE the cost of the training. My instructors were both PADI and SSI trained, and one of them even said that the SSI training added some tests/instructions that were more thorough than the PADI training.

Yes, they are in it to make money, and the LDS and instructors need to make money, but where is the line between making money and being greedy? IMHO $44 dollars for a $.00000001 electronic transaction card is a total rip-off. It's like a bank 'charging' you to take money from your saving into your checking to cover a check. It's an "internal transfer fee." WTF?

Thank you for that point. It is precisely why it is a great analogy.
Huh? No it's not. The bottling plant has actual cost. Padi already makes their money by selling overpriced books, membership fees, worthless specialty course for boat diving and such. A bottle of beer or water has actual value... the membership and the card doesn't. Training itself has value, but that's direcly paid for when you take it.

Eitherway, I would not recommend PADI on anyone, unless they wanna be a freelance instructor in Thailand or something of that sort. PADI has advatanges but not for people who dive as a hobby.

PADI has advatanges but not for people who dive as a hobby.
LOL. Your posts may have some value too, but not for people who dive as a hobby. :)

LOL. Your posts may have some value too, but not for people who dive as a hobby. :)
What I meant is, that you literally have to be with PADI to work in some regions as they practically have a monopoly in some places. That's a advantage if you will. For people who don't wanna work, there is no advantage in getting padi training.

At least I'm honest about stuff and I'm not here to sell or defend 'my' agencies BS business model.

It's like people arguing how a McDonald's Cheeseburger is too expensive... LOL
I would be the same if a cheesebuger was 50 dollars and you'd be forced to by a new one after you lost the last buger.

Like already said, it's kinda a moot point due to your certifications are in their data base and having an actual card is unnecessary.

Like already said, it's kinda a moot point due to your certifications are in their data base and having an actual card is unnecessary.
No, if the shop doesn't do PADI they can't check. At least it used to be that way.

Just because someone, or a specific company does something for free, does not mean that everyone must or even should

Just because a company says it is free does not mean that the cost is hidden elsewhere. You will find that successful businesses make sure they make a profit.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom