Padi Fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good catch. Given that, suck it up for a new card if it's that important or let it go. Not worth a lot of energy imo.
Your strategy could still apply....just do the Rescue class and then that's the only card you need show.

Sorry you are so upset with PADI, apparently about a lot of things. Maybe you should just cut up your card and get some other kind of certification. :)
Seems like you got a good deal, anyway. The current price in the US for a replacement card is $44.
"you will see frequent advertising campaigns where they try to sell replacement cards, by spuriously implying your old one is out of date" That is your inference, not their implication.

The person already has AOW.

I wouldn't say I'm upset with PADI about a lot of things. I actually like many of the ways PADI do things, but this is one that particularly annoys me.

I don't understand why I would want to cut up the card, but I have got other kinds of certification. I did the rebreather stuff with IANTD and TDI, and I have recently joined a BSAC club, where I plan to do the instructor training. I have my likes and dislikes with BSAC, but money-grabbing isn't one of them, as the only training costs are the materials and expenses.

Wait till PADI is sold again and see what fees they will have to charge then to recoup their investment.

I decided I would try the angry email approach and see if I can shame them into sending a free replacement. { omitted text for brevity }

Dear David

I’m sorry to hear that you have lost your wallet containing your PADI card.
The current replacement card fee is £26.40 including VAT, whether you prefer to have an eCard or a plastic certification card.
This is our standard replacement card fee

Kind regards,

Natasha Weetch

Assistant, Customer Services

Apparently Padi has no shame!

Maybe I'll just take a black sharpie to the Jr.

Or maybe I'll just print my own. If anyone questions it the number can be verified online.

Years ago I did all the courses to become a Master Scuba Diver, but several weeks later, and still no cards in the mail. So I called PADI and they sent me at least 5 replacement cards FREE. Then a bit later the original ones came (well, post offices of 2 countries plus Canadian Customs--takes time). Too bad I can't mail the extras to those needing $44 replacements, but my name is on them.

WTF?

PADI make money?!?

... and there I was thinking they were a charity agency... :D

When... oh when.... will these money-grubbing diving agencies just 'get with the program' and start understanding that the modern diver expects everything for free....?!?

People should just switch to a REAL charity agency...... like GUE.... because they're really, really cheap..

When... oh when.... will these money-grubbing diving agencies just 'get with the program' and start understanding that the modern diver expects everything for free....?!?
You're twisting words again.
Nobody expects to get anything for free. This is price gouging though and 44 Dollars for an 'ecard' is a total rip-off.

If a coffee costs 12 dollars all of a sudden, the PADI 'Pros' would also be complaining, they're just defending it now because they're basically sales people...

Even the price gouging state of Illinois doesn't charge that much for a replacement drivers license or state ID!

Charging anything for an e-card is beyond ridiculous!

My SDI e-card was free.

You're twisting words again.
Nobody expects to get anything for free. This is price gouging though and 44 Dollars for an 'ecard' is a total rip-off.

If a coffee costs 12 dollars all of a sudden, the PADI 'Pros' would also be complaining, they're just defending it now because they're basically sales people...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom