PADI Altitude Diving Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh haha. Thought you were speaking in general terms there. Thanks I'll call them tomorrow.

Slate is on order. Will report back once it arrives!

Where did you finally order the table from?

Where did you finally order the table from?

The Dive Shop in Calgary. $7 and they will mail it to me in the most plain and boring envelope they can find. Even with postage I bet it won't even hit $10. He wasn't sure what I was talking about at first but then we got it together. Thanks for the advise on that. Next time I'm up there I'm going to have to stop in there and poke around.

Glad to be of help.

I was looking through that Excel spreadsheet posted earlier and noticed something interesting:

1 - If your starting altitude is less than dive altitude then add 2 pressure groups for each 1000 feet of altitude you increase. 
2 - If starting at altitudes of 4000 or higher, add 4 pressure groups for each 1000 feet of altitude increase.
3 - If diving at an altitude of 8000 feet or greater wait 6 hours before diving.

Now I understand the first and third rule, but that 2nd rule I don't recall being in the book. Is this just extra conservatism? Is this what's taught? Does this mean that if I live at 4000 and goto 6000 then I'd be a pressure group H rather than a D??? And, if I live at 1000 at goto 5000 what would I be? D, F, H or J?

:idk: I host the file, but honestly can not recall where the second rule originated from. I'll have to look into where I got the file, maybe it will shed some light on rule #2.
I use rule #1 all of the time when diving locally except for the few times I dive our lakes that are at higher altitudes 8000+ then I use rule #4, drive up the night before and stay the night.

:idk: I host the file, but honestly can not recall where the second rule originated from. I'll have to look into where I got the file, maybe it will shed some light on rule #2.
I use rule #1 all of the time when diving locally except for the few times I dive our lakes that are at higher altitudes 8000+ then I use rule #4, drive up the night before and stay the night.

Ya 1 and 3 are good. Was just curious to see if anything changed (hence rule 2). Let me know what you find. Would be curious to find that out! :coffee:

Got my new Altitude slate in the mail and here's what I've done. Still need 4 more (EANx and Photography one)

slates.jpg

Got my new Altitude slate in the mail and here's what I've done. Still need 4 more (EANx and Photography one)

Photo one? what is that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom