PADI Altitude Diving Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XS-NRG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey there,

I have a very simple question. Are there cards for altitude diving that show the theoretical depths on the same size plasticized cards that the following all seem to be on: RDP, EAN32, EAN36, DSAT Oxygen Exposure, Adventures in Diving Multipurpose Data Carrier.

A picture to outline exactly what's I'm referring to:

padi-manual-enriched-air-with-slates_71153_slates.jpg

That looks like it would work. Not official PADI eh? Appears they don't make one it seems. You'd think that would be part of the Altitude Specialty CrewPack but doesn't appear to be.

The information is in the Adventures in Diving manual and also in the Altitude Diver Specialty Instructor Course Outline...

Last time I checked (September 2011) PADI Canada told me they did not HAVE an Altitude Diver Crew Pack. When did you get yours? and from where?

kari

It will work. It is the same table that you will find in the back of the PADI AOW manual or any other agencies, NOAA or Navy manual where altitude is talked about in detail.
I have a PADI sticker you can put on it if you want to make if "offical".

Scott,

No need for a sticker thanks hahaha.

The information is in the Adventures in Diving manual and also in the Altitude Diver Specialty Instructor Course Outline...

Last time I checked (September 2011) PADI Canada told me they did not HAVE an Altitude Diver Crew Pack. When did you get yours? and from where?

kari

I'm sorry. I assumed. That's my mistake. I could have swore I found an Altitude Book on ebay and figured it would come with a slate. Did not know all the course material is simply in the Adventures in Diving Manual. Looks like I'll buy that one from LeisurePro. All my dives are at altitude (in fact my OW course was all at altitude). I've read through this material so I guess all that's left is a couple dives and to complete the knowledge review and test.

there are two different crew packs. theres the altitude course crew back and theres the adventures in diving crew pack. First one comes with a slate and dvd the secondone only has the read slate and dvd seperate. Not sure if thats the case?

Interesting. When I spoke with Doug Bingeman in September, I asked about teaching materials for the Altitude Diver Specialty course. He told me there were none, to just use the chapter out of the Adventures in Diving manual.

If you HAVE such a crew pack, I'd love to see a picture.

TIA,
kari

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom