Info Packing, Travel, Resort Info, and Diving Tips for the SB Invasion 2022 to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most people here probably already know this, but…

If you’re planning to use a credit or debit card in Mexico, make sure you inform the issuer of your vacation location and dates. There’s nothing worse than having a credit card refused because the issuer wasn’t aware you were on a trip!

Also, check each credit card issuer’s terms to see whether there are foreign transaction fees. Some cards have them; many don’t. I still double-check every time I travel to make sure the cards I take are fee-free, because sometimes the terms change. 🙂

Travel Checklist
I have a travel checklist that I keep on file and printout for each trip. We'll send it out in the next email and you may use it if you like or make your own list.

@ROXANNE Did I miss your checklist email? 🤪
[/QUOTE]
I can have cardzard email that out to all of you today or tomorrow. I didn't think anyone was interested.

I'll add to the insect repellant suggestion - For a few years now, I've been purchasing various brands of insect repellant wipes/sheets/towelettes, like this (but not necessarily this one): Bug spray sheets

It's handy because it's easy to carry a sheet or two in a bag/pocket, instead of carrying a container of bug spray around. And I don't always want to douse myself with bug spray if I don't need to. (I've also purchased the super small containers of bug spray, but am always afraid those may leak.)

My pre-dive-trip checklist also includes getting a few inches cut off my hair to help minimize tangles, but there are likely lots of people who don't have a few inches to spare!

My pre-dive-trip checklist also includes getting a few inches cut off my hair to help minimize tangles, but there are likely lots of people who don't have a few inches to spare!

Hey! I resemble that remark. :mad: :D

Clipers come out for a 5/8" and declining length buzz cut on what's left. Definitely no tangles!:D And dry-time is nice and short too.

I'll add to the insect repellant suggestion - For a few years now, I've been purchasing various brands of insect repellant wipes/sheets/towelettes, like this,
I like that idea! That also keeps the insecticide out of the water too. I'll need to get me some of those!

I was looking at the CDC website about travel restrictions. U.S. residents returning are required to get a Covid test no more than 24 hours prior to travel back. Rapid tests are supposedly valid is accompanied by a Teledoc health assessment. Is there a service in Cozumel that can provide a Covid test for people returning to the U.S. ?

OK, I just answered my own question. The hotel has testing services for a fee of $35. No restrictions upon entry to Mexico. Only the exit and return to the U.S. needs a test.

I was looking at the CDC website about travel restrictions. U.S. residents returning are required to get a Covid test no more than 24 hours prior to travel back. Rapid tests are supposedly valid is accompanied by a Teledoc health assessment. Is there a service in Cozumel that can provide a Covid test for people returning to the U.S. ?

OK, I just answered my own question. The hotel has testing services for a fee of $35. No restrictions upon entry to Mexico. Only the exit and return to the U.S. needs a test.
Yes, the resort has testing onsite. The information for this is coming with your vouchers from Bay Adventures. We have also made testing accommodations for those going on the excursions.

Back
Top Bottom