Packing, Travel, Resort and Diving Tips for SB Invasion 2017 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

During my last international trip (another invasion) I put rechargeable lithiums into a pelican case like this one: Pelican #1020 Micro Case (I think mine might have been slightly larger). I had no problems coming or going. I also brought disposable lithium batteries in their original packaging. No problem on the way down, but the unused disposable batteries were confiscated at the airport before the return flight. I guess the security guard needed new batts for her walkman or something.

Maybe I'd have had better luck if they were opened and in a pelican case as well.

Roxanne, I like the plastic baggie idea. I'll have to order some up on amazon real quick. Good way to prevent shorts.

The concern is that the batteries don't connect with each other and start a fire. The clear bags are readily accessible and can be found at Walmart, Target, party supplies and even at the dollar store. And in many sizes too! Even though we have hard cases, I still throw in a few baggies in case they're needed.
And the larger plastic containers can be in housewares, storage and photo areas of those stores for less expensive options.

Last edited:
The concern is that the batteries don't connect with each other and start a fire. The clear bags are readily accessible and can be found at Walmart, Target, party supplies and even at the dollar store. And in many sizes too!
I just ordered 500 of them from amazon for $9 including overnight shipping.

Fortunately I had enough batteries in the case that they couldn't turn around to touch contacts to anything but this won't hurt for added safety. Thanks again.

I am sure this has been asked, but I cant seem to find it....

will our cell phones work in roatan. my dive card through SSI is on my app

thanks

I am sure this has been asked, but I cant seem to find it....

will our cell phones work in roatan. my dive card through SSI is on my app

thanks

Once you are at the resort, we have free Wifi.
I don't know what kind of cell plan you have and what that provides while you are traveling.

Just a quick question about them...

Do we put them on our luggage before we check our bags at our originating airport (does AKR claim our checked bags at the Airport and deliver them to our rooms)?

OR

Do we put them on after we claim or bags in Roatan?

Just a quick question about them...

Do we put them on our luggage before we check our bags at our originating airport (does AKR claim our checked bags at the Airport and deliver them to our rooms)?

OR

Do we put them on after we claim or bags in Roatan?

Put them on before heading to the airport for your 1st flight. Once in Roatan, you'll claim your bags after customs. Then you'll proceed outside to AKR vans that should be waiting for us and our luggage.

Back
Top Bottom