Packing, Travel, Resort and Diving Tips for SB Invasion 2017 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those who have been to AKR in the past, are there hooks over the beds for mosquito nets? Considering if I should buy one.
thanks

For those who have been to AKR in the past, are there hooks over the beds for mosquito nets? Considering if I should buy one.
thanks

I don't remember there being any. We didn't have any problems in our room, but one crew member did. I believe she had left her door open for a prolonged time and they got into the rooms. It's the same here in Florida to not leave the doors open especially during dusk, night and dawn times.

Thanks Roxanne. The girls are bit more sensitive to bug bites than I am. I probably should pack a fly swatter. I know Lilyan will be on the skeeter hunt every night before bed. :)

Does anyone know if the butane cartridges for the thermacell mosquito repellent devices can be purchased in Roatan? They work quite well, but flying with the butane cartridges I'm sure is a no-no.

Does anyone know if the butane cartridges for the thermacell mosquito repellent devices can be purchased in Roatan? They work quite well, but flying with the butane cartridges I'm sure is a no-no.

We'll check with the resort.

We checked with the resort. They do not carry them or do they want you using them at the resort.

Thanks taking the time and all the wonderful advice . We are scripting our plan and packing by it. You would think my house is getting ready to land at Normandy. Can some offer specific past practice and how to on the packing of the lithium batteries for the dive lights. Batteries are not in original packing. Thanks and we are looking forward to so many new friends!!!!!!'

Thanks taking the time and all the wonderful advice . We are scripting our plan and packing by it. You would think my house is getting ready to land at Normandy. Can some offer specific past practice and how to on the packing of the lithium batteries for the dive lights. Batteries are not in original packing. Thanks and we are looking forward to so many new friends!!!!!!'

We store each battery in plastic battery cases. There are various sizes for the different size batteries. If we don't have cases, then we use the little plastic bags you can find at the store. 1 per bag. Then we'll put them into a larger hard plastic container. I'll look up a few links to show you options.
This is what we do, but again I strongly urge you to check with your airline and abide by their rules.

Last edited:
51renmcBSwL.jpg
5dbbec79-9ed3-47c9-b0e0-942e6551a2ef_1.9b52e480486d1ba6e2117fc6d61332a1.jpe

During my last international trip (another invasion) I put rechargeable lithiums into a pelican case like this one: Pelican #1020 Micro Case (I think mine might have been slightly larger). I had no problems coming or going. I also brought disposable lithium batteries in their original packaging. No problem on the way down, but the unused disposable batteries were confiscated at the airport before the return flight. I guess the security guard needed new batts for her walkman or something.

Maybe I'd have had better luck if they were opened and in a pelican case as well.

Roxanne, I like the plastic baggie idea. I'll have to order some up on amazon real quick. Good way to prevent shorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom