p-valve in Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whodunit68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
ok, so I'm almost sure I'm getting a Fusion. The big question is...the p-valve. I won't get a drysuit without one. However, with the dual layer technology, I'm really concerned about having the outer layer or skin permanently attached to the inner layer. I'm also concerned about compromising the integrity of the skin. Punch a hole without a grommet in the tech skin and what happens to the neoprene?
I've seen some posts about different valves used: Dive Rite, OMS, Halcyon, etc. I hear that Whites themselves uses a SiTech.
What is your choice valve and why?
Can you successfully install a p-valve and not compromise the suit? Do you have leaks after prolonged use? It's a lot of money to spend and I'm serious about my diving and I will hydrate liberally.
What are you doing to solve this? I tried the suit at demo days and really enjoyed it but if I can't do a p-valve successfully, this is not the suit for me.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Steve

I use the diver rite / OMS sweet pee valve. It has a screw on cap over the mushroom out let valve that works well to trap the outer skin between the valve and cap and lets you remove the skin without removing the valve if needed.

Install the valve in the bladder where you prefer it, normally midway up the left thigh with the suit on. Then install the skin and mark the skin where it lies on top of the valve.

The valve itself has a threaded portion about the diameter of a quarter, but cut the hole in the skin a bit under sized (maybe the diameter of a nickle or penny) with a sharp pair of scissors. I have not had problems with fraying.

I have also not had issues with any leakage using the included rubber grommets after about a year of use with mostly cave dives.

I installed the dive rite valve with no problem in the Tech Ltd skin.

One note, for the 5/8" hole i simply sharpened with my dremel tool a 1/2" copper pipe coupling. OD dimension is a smidgen over 5/8" and work perfect for a nice clean round hole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom