OXY GAUGE , hurt's my finger's !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, i did a search, and trying to find out why the OXY-GAUGE i just bought is so dam hard to use the 1 button to access it's program's. Not only can i not access anything due to the button being so hard to push down, but my friend just bought1 a few week's ago, and has the same problem on his?

Any suggestion's or anyone heard of the same problem with there's?

FLTEKDIVER:
Ok, i did a search, and trying to find out why the OXY-GAUGE i just bought is so dam hard to use the 1 button to access it's program's. Not only can i not access anything due to the button being so hard to push down, but my friend just bought1 a few week's ago, and has the same problem on his?

Eat your wheaties :wink:
I don't feel it's hard to push but after doing a cal then setting it in dive mode you have to push the button about 25 times. Can sure were a guy out :eyebrow:

wedivebc:
Eat your wheaties :wink:
I don't feel it's hard to push but after doing a cal then setting it in dive mode you have to push the button about 25 times. Can sure were a guy out :eyebrow:

lol , dam , that SURE can !!

FLTEKDIVER:

I'm lucky to be typing this response due to my crippled fingers from using the Oxyguage. This switch on the Oxygauge is pitiful!!! I put out $800 for a new one and the same thing. At times I barely brush my finger past the switch and it works, the next time I need a hammer to activate it.
I would consider getting a VR3 if I were you. It can be adapted to another rebreather or homebuilt if you so desire. You'll have more features than just your ppo2 reading.
Probably is utilized better for ccr than scr though.
Good luck and keep pounding away!

diveprojeff:
I'm lucky to be typing this response due to my crippled fingers from using the Oxyguage. This switch on the Oxygauge is pitiful!!! I put out $800 for a new one and the same thing. At times I barely brush my finger past the switch and it works, the next time I need a hammer to activate it.
I would consider getting a VR3 if I were you. It can be adapted to another rebreather or homebuilt if you so desire. You'll have more features than just your ppo2 reading.
Probably is utilized better for ccr than scr though.
Good luck and keep pounding away!

thanks for your input. I just bought a brand new VR-3, and used it for a month and sold it for the Uwetec Air-Z 02, and the Oxygauge, thought i was going to stay with SCR.,now im sorry i sold the VR-3 !

If the problem with the button continues, DES has a nice solution :wink:

oxy-gauge pain in the ......
Mine is the same way. My guess is that its a micro switch and that it is not aligned correctly with the rubber boot. And as guys our solution is to just press harder. I have been trying to use a light touch but more to the upper left of the rubber button with moderate success. Ok I confess I tried crushing between my fingers first a few times, until I found the light touch had more success.

I like the audio warning of the oxy-gauge, but that HS-explorer is looking better each day. :)

scubanimal:
oxy-gauge pain in the ......
Mine is the same way. My guess is that its a micro switch and that it is not aligned correctly with the rubber boot. And as guys our solution is to just press harder. I have been trying to use a light touch but more to the upper left of the rubber button with moderate success. Ok I confess I tried crushing between my fingers first a few times, until I found the light touch had more success.

I like the audio warning of the oxy-gauge, but that HS-explorer is looking better each day. :)

I had the HS Explorer PPo2 , and switched to the Oxy-gauge, for the auidable alarm's, now im sorry i did !

Back
Top Bottom