Overshooting NDL and mandatory deco stops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been on dives with many PADI instructors who ignore NDL.
What is the back story here? Were they gas-limited rather than NDL limited? Did they get DCS? Did they have a computer? If so, did they violate THEIR computer or what yours said? Need more info to understand your denigrating statement.

6.85L / min

Dude, your SAC is impressive :-D
Yeah. Actually seems unlikely, unless/even if he is very small and a smoker (I don't understand the physiology) but they seem to have lower SACs).

Actually seems unlikely
38BlfVp.png

What is the back story here? Were they gas-limited rather than NDL limited? Did they get DCS? Did they have a computer? If so, did they violate THEIR computer or what yours said? Need more info to understand your denigrating statement.
We dove with a PADI instructor yesterday. First dive max 63 ft, around 53 minutes. Second dive max 47 ft. At 45 minutes my Oceanic showed NDL of 51 minutes. His Suunto had him in deco. He had dove the day before. I think you could blow off a lot of deco with the Suunto at times.

My guess is his numbers are wrong....perhaps the pressure gauge is way off, the time is wrong, the depth wasn't right, whatever. I'm putting this inthe highly skeptical pile unless some more evidence is shown.
Perhaps unlikely, but not impossible

Here is a dive from my last trip to Bonaire, warm water, good viz, no current. One of my better dives, comes in at 7.61 L/min. Though I do pretty well at gas consumption, I would imagine there are quite a few who do better.

upload_2020-1-21_14-32-19.png
upload_2020-1-21_14-33-20.png

6.85L / min Dude, your SAC is impressive :-D

Thanks. Being a large chap at 6 foot 1 and weighing near 290 pounds ( weight is dropping lol )
I often hear people chatting about how my air won't last long on dives.

Good diving techniques and not chasing the marine life with help.

tursiops said: " My guess is his numbers are wrong....perhaps the pressure gauge is way off, the time is wrong, the depth wasn't right, whatever. I'm putting this in the highly skeptical pile unless some more evidence is shown."

My guess is you have not dived with me and you are allowed to be skeptical. My numbers are not wrong, there is nothing wrong with my air gauge, my own personal equipment not rental gear. I'm sure you think the Shearwater Perdix gave me the wrong information on the dive as well as the air gauge being incorrect. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom