Overall negative experience at LDS - Tackle Shack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiteHedded:
i got my first "you can't buy airfills on the internet" speech yesterday when I was buying some henderson boots
it was a little weird

If I ever get that I'm going to respond:

"No, I can't. But you know what? You can bet your sweet butt that I can buy an air compressor on line!"

the K-ompressor

I ordered one a while back from them and found it took forever to get a 3500 psi fill until I went from dialup to cable. Much faster. If you are filling from a wireless remote location up to 15% of the gas may be lost in the transfer though.........

I guess I'm pretty lucky living only 15 minutes from ScubaToys. Also, because of ScubaToys the rest of the LDS's in the area have to strive to to meet that same level. They don't usually make it on price, but I've never had to deal with any of the attitudes I've seen posted in this thread.

I've never dealt directly with the tackle shack, but after finding out they are the distributor of a namebrand(to remain nameless here) item which I wanted to inquire about, I gave them a call and got Joe Pesci on the phone (a'la goodfellows===>insert accent here)
He said:" Yeah, dis things so F'n tough, you can drive a F'n nail through a F'n board wid dis F'n thing. So what if my price is the same as the MSRP, hey, waddaya want, a F'n Cadillac or a F'n Chevy."

Sorry, but I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon.

For some reason, CBulla's avatar kept coming to mind as he was talking.LOL

LiteHedded:
i got my first "you can't buy airfills on the internet" speech yesterday when I was buying some henderson boots
it was a little weird

After this mess, I would respond with, "You're correct, that's why I'll be back here all of the time for air fills, but I'm going to buy my gear online.". :)

jfoster33702:
After this mess, I would respond with, "You're correct, that's why I'll be back here all of the time for air fills, but I'm going to buy my gear online.". :)
with a remark like that don't be surprised if they tell you no fill for you today

I get a kick out of LDS's that think they are the only place for a diver to get air fills. I drop my tank off at the local welding shop, they have a compressed gas guy comes by twice a week, he takes it to the big city and they fill it there, then they bring it back to the welding shop. costs me 3 bucks. Also medical supplies facilities can do nitrox and tri-mix. I have had a total of 3 air fills from my LDS in the last 3 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom