Overall negative experience at LDS - Tackle Shack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would've just pointed out that it's his ******* attitude that's killing the LDS. And regardless, in order for them to succeed they need to offer internet sales as well, or something that other shops don't have on top of accomodating service (boat on premises, maybe some rooms to rent for tourists, etc.)

That's just plain business. Unfortunately too many want all the profit with none of the work... This applies to so many things.

I recommend shopping around to different shops though; once you find one you like, it'll be very worth it.

Some people are just too bitter..

I prob would have pointed out the hispanic name on the credit card and asked him if he needed help getting that in the box since the name as "mexican".

I doubt I would have left with puchasing that BC if I had been in the described situation. I would have just told him to issue a refund to that credit card. Oh... I would have included the "attitude" talk that MantaRey was refferring to above.

Unforunately, most of the people in the dive business have no business or customer service experience. I guess that's why the term "Dive Shop Ego" got termed.

What is it about ANY business that feels they have to harass their customers over where they purchased gear? Sears doesn't get pissed if I bought from Walmart and vica versa.

However, the BIGGER issue is the presense of racial or sexist remarks. They are SO wrong and those idiots just can't see that. It really makes my blood boil to hear about comments such as these.

I'd have stayed in the shop, demanded a refund, AND a chat with the manager and owner of the Dive shop. Additionally, if you know of people who use this dive shop, tell them about your time (wasted) there! If they have a low expectation of service, they'll go elsewhere!

Send a copy of your post to the LDS and let them see what we are ...just use the email on SB .. sometimes it get good responses, like the time I posted about Oceanmaster not honoring their warranty...it got great reactions and I finally got my replacement BCD...3 months later....lol...but it worked...it hit them hard, knowing that so many others were reading the post...not all LDS are like the one you chose...most independants are quite willing to help in a professional style..see ya` under

We were just so stunned - we walked out. I did copy them on this thread, but I doubt it will do much good. I would return the jacket in a heartbeat if I thought it wouldnt be a hassle to do so, due to their "no refunds, no exchanges" on the receipt.

We did use our AMEX. Does anyone know how they handle situations like this?

Eagle-scuba:
Send a copy of your post to the LDS and let them see what we are ...

Definitely, it was a great move posting the experience on the board. The power of reviews..

You guys got me a little more fired up and I called the shop. I talked to one of the owners and explained the situation. He agreed with me and appologized. Apparently the employee who made the comment has been there for a long long time but has had issues saying things that he shouldn't. He said that he would speak with him and asked me to look him up the next time I came in. He asked what he could do for me to make it better. I politely explained to him that if I let him compensate me somehow, it would take away from the point I was trying to make and that I would likely not be returning to his store. He was professional and polite but unfortunately, he is also responsible for the way his employees treat people.

So, I guess what's done is done. We had such a crappy experience yesterday - my wife is halfway discouraged and not at all enthused to have purchased a nice piece of gear. I'll leave it be and try to start having fun diving.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom