Over 75 and I am not allowed to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maqsix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
In Cabo San Lucas anyone over 70 is being refused scuba, no doubt due to insurance. My 80 year old friend was refused snorkeling! Is this true elsewhere? I'm a very experienced diver and have my physician's clearance (he is a diver too). I haven't dived for 3 years due to finances but now my son and I are ready to dive. We were thinking of Central America.

In Cabo San Lucas anyone over 70 is being refused scuba, no doubt due to insurance. My 80 year old friend was refused snorkeling! Is this true elsewhere? I'm a very experienced diver and have my physician's clearance (he is a diver too). I haven't dived for 3 years due to finances but now my son and I are ready to dive. We were thinking of Central America.

Can you disclose which dive op refused?

I dived in Cabo in 2022 at age 72.

Thanks!

In Cabo San Lucas anyone over 70 is being refused scuba, no doubt due to insurance.

Everybody? Or are you exaggerating for effect?
DAN US will insure you at any age.
Were you trying to dive without insurance, or trying to use their insurance, which probably DOES cut off at 70?
No, it is not universally true. I just came back from a group trip to Bonaire, for example, with multiple ;people over 70 -- one was 83 -- with no issues. We ALL had DAN insurance.

My wife has been 29 years old every year for the past 35 years and will argue that it's no-ones flipp'n business how old she is........ Are these Cabo folks asking you for a birth certificate or proof of age?

Everybody? Or are you exaggerating for effect?
DAN US will insure you at any age.
Were you trying to dive without insurance, or trying to use their insurance, which probably DOES cut off at 70?
No, it is not universally true. I just came back from a group trip to Bonaire, for example, with multiple ;people over 70 -- one was 83 -- with no issues. We ALL had

I know DAN will cover me, I am referring to the companies who take divers out in their boat, supply air,etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom