Output Air Humidity Issue at Bauer Capitano - need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swamp diver is spot on with his assessment of drying down the system, mine took hours, (I only did it on his advice, I had given up !)....this does not change the fact the the filter may be too small, but run it for a good long time.

I´m using a 3m hose to connect P21/PMV to the filling line - perhaps that´s the reason. Concering P61 - I´m collecting some money for this - but it takes me some time....

I´m using a 3m hose to connect P21/PMV to the filling line - perhaps that´s the reason. Concering P61 - I´m collecting some money for this - but it takes me some time....

Unless that hose stays pressurized between runs and is Teflon lined it will take hours to dry down. Try removing that line and sampling right at the PMV if you can. Better to use stainless tubing for moisture studies as it will give up its retained wall moisture the quickest once purged with dry air. Plastic polymers are the slowest except for Teflon.

Hi all,

issue has been solved this week. It has been a combination of facts:
- in final seperator there was an issue with the steel tube where air enters the P21 (P0)-housing - it has been in wrong orientation.
- filling hoses and valves have been humid (not wet, but after flushing some time humidity came down)
- result is now ~ 8mg/l water with a fresh cartridge

Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom