Bauer Junior 2 Issues HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's completly wrong. The Junior is designed to be used at 300 bar /4500 psi, the overpressure valve opens at 330 bar. You can even read these 4500 psi on the compressor.
Bauer has a switch unit which reduces pressure from 4500 psi down to 3000 psi, including filling hoses for 4500 and 3000. So you can not have 4500 on the 3000 hose which is important, otherwise you can pump the 3000psi cylinder up to 4500.
Buyx this unit, turn the relay up to 4500 psi and verything is fine.
Standard setting for Junior II is 225 bar but some models are 330 bar (I have yet to see one advertised in Australia). Since the main part of the compressor is the same for both, it is a lot more wear and tear to pump to 300 bar.

Is the overload on the relay tripping? Based on the name plate ratings the settings are fine, but do you have to reset the overload switch?

No, there are 3 standard settings for Junior:
- 225 bar
- 330 bar
- 225 and 330 bar, as described, switch unit included

That's completly wrong. The Junior is designed to be used at 300 bar /4500 psi, the overpressure valve opens at 330 bar. You can even read these 4500 psi on the compressor.
Bauer has a switch unit which reduces pressure from 4500 psi down to 3000 psi, including filling hoses for 4500 and 3000. So you can not have 4500 on the 3000 hose which is important, otherwise you can pump the 3000psi cylinder up to 4500.
Buyx this unit, turn the relay up to 4500 psi and verything is fine.
I bought it, btw the pressure relief valve on top of the filter tower has a tag attached that says Set 4500psi so i guess id only be able to fill to 4400psi or so.

Is the overload on the relay tripping? Based on the name plate ratings the settings are fine, but do you have to reset the overload switch?
No i dont its the auto shutoff pressure switch thats turning off the compressor i found out its adjustable and i can set it all the way to 4400psi. Now im trying to wire a timer for the auto purge system but its not working right when it opens only a tiny amount of air comes out even though i have it set to stay open for a full 5 seconds its like it doesnt have enough voltage to keep the valve open idk.

Ok, I'm a bauer tech. Every Bayer compressor is rated to compress up to 5000psi. Each unit will have a max pressure relief valve depending on application. If it's used for scuba the relief atop of the gold cylinder is preset for 3100psi. To get the unit to go higher u would need to put a different relief valve. Only issue is u may overfill scuba tanks if your gonna do both 3100/4500psi

No, that's completely wrong. Filling hose for 4500psi does not fit into 3100psi valve. Filling hose for 3100psi does fit into 3100psi valve AND into 4500psi valve.
If you want to fill 4500 and 3100psi you need the Bauer switch block or pressure reducing valve (4500 to 3100psi) and 2 different filling hoses including 2 over pressure valves, one for 4500psi on top of triplex filter, one for 3100 after reduction valve.

Overfilling is NOT possible.

200bar.jpeg
200bar DIN connection
300bar.jpeg
300bar DIN connection

Take a close look at the base (it's not the color that makes the difference). Trying to screw the 300bar whip into a 232bar valve won't work. 300bar DIN valves have a longer thread. INT connections at 300bar do not exist (and I know there are adapters that allow a 300bar whip to be connected to an INT valve, but that's outside regulations)

Back
Top Bottom